“BEST Day I Spent”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$95.66*
and up
The Victoria & Albert Museum: The World Greatest...
Ranked #5 of 1,914 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The world's greatest museum of art and design.The V&A's collections are unrivalled in their diversity. Explore historical and contemporary art and design, including works of art from many of the world's richest cultures. Admission free.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I have been to London on several occassions and never made it here. WOW WOW WOW. The museum is free but they appreciate donations. It is eyeopening from the moment you walk in. The building itself is a work of art as it is very old. The different exhibitions are done very well. I enjoyed the section regarding Christian relics and history. It was amazing. Easy to get around albeit I did get lost a couple of times to my benefit I found another wonderful room. The amount of relics and antiquities is truly unbelieveable. I cannot say enough great things about this place. I arrived mid afternoon on Wednesday and it was NOT crowded at all. In fact, the other nearby museums were crowded with student visitors but not here. The entire museum took me 3 hours but I walked every area but one. I could have stayed another hour easily. If you don't have that much time, just pick the few rooms you want to visit and search those out. It is worth every minute you can spare to take it all in. HIGHLY recommend this one.

2  Thank Spary09
Write a ReviewReviews (27,740)
All reviews
in 468 reviews
"centuries"
in 229 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Very nice museum its worth visiting,I enjoyed my trip to this museum and I would highly recommend it!

1  Thank Kari H
Reviewed 2 May 2018

On its web site it says to allow 2.5 hours for a visit. We arrived at 10.30am and didn't leave until 4.30pm and probably didn't do justice to some of the exhibits. There is so much to see. We particularly enjoyed the Theatre exhibition and the European exhibits going back in time. Lots of detailed information in each room with plenty of guides to help you on your way round. There is a lift to each floor as well as plenty of stairs to climb. We left our bags in the baggage room, £1.00 per bag. We were disappointed with the dining facilities on offer and felt ashamed for visitors from other countries exposed to the long queues and lack of tables at which to eat their food. There is this crazy situation where you are served quickly at the counter then have to queue to pay, when we went the queue was about 20 people long, so hot food would have been cold by the time you paid, also there was nowhere to sit. This must be a regular event and really needs to be sorted.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Arguably the finest museum in the world and a constant source of fascination and wonder given its massive collection of the decorative arts. There are generally special exhibitions for which a ticket price is levied but the majority of the museum offers free access - a real privilege.

Plan for more than one visit. Wear comfortable shoes. Approach the museum in "doable" chunks. Give generously - don't assume it will always be free!

1  Thank AndrewJMS