19,457 results
All reviews big ben london eye studio room iconic view primo bar modern hotel south bank big hotel the executive lounge excellent location sofa bed fantastic hotel an upgrade lounge area mini bar tube station westminster
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve always wanted to stay at The Plaza Westminster because its circular design intrigues me every time I pass it after arriving at Waterloo. So handy for Waterloo Station, it has an impressive two storey ‘reception’ area - you get the feeling this is a ‘big’ hotel. Having said that, there were plenty of smiley, efficient staff and a special word of praise for (trainee) Aishan who made check in a pleasure and even upgraded us because our room wasn’t ready and she ‘hates to keep people waiting’. To be fair, we were early, so didn’t really expect our room to be ready, and appreciated this level of customer service. I found it unusual that our suitcase was accepted for storage (while we waited for our room and left the hotel) by the concierge without any evidence we were residents. This wasn’t unique to us, everybody was being treated the same; a potential security issue that I think should be looked at ASAP by management. Our room (a studio on the 3rd floor) was spotless and really comfortable. I had the best night’s sleep in a long time. Despite the hotel’s size, it was quiet at night. My one complaint was the lack of mirror at the dressing table - drying my hair in the reflection of a TV screen just isn’t the same. Our massive disappointment was breakfast. First off, a REALLY long queue and then we really realised how busy the hotel was. The restaurant was full, every armchair and sofa was being used for breakfast service and what seemed like temporary banqueting furniture filled another area. We were sat in this area, right next to a glass barrier overlooking the escalators. Everything was very basic. A mug on the table with self-service for hot drinks, no scrambled eggs (refilled only after we’d finished our breakfast), cheap sliced bread and pastries, lots of tinned fruit but very little fresh; one type of sliced processed cheese and ham. There were literally hundreds of people eating breakfast so all the self-service areas were decimated, messy and unappetising. There’s also something really irritating about being in a queue at the hot buffet watching everyone (slowly) open lids/close lids as they walk along, such an inefficient way to do things and then disappointing if you lift a lid and there’s nothing underneath it! OK, we hit the busiest time on a Sunday morning, I accept that, but I’ve stayed at much cheaper hotels that have put on far superior breakfast buffets. Yes I would stay here again, and yes I would recommend, but don’t waste your money on breakfast - there is such a super choice for food just outside and all along the Southbank.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
John M, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Betty,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry that our breakfast offering did not meet your expectations and I have shared your feedback with our Food & Beverage Director to review with her team.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location, just across the House of Parliament and Big Ben. Waterloo station & London Eye only a few blocks away. Superb service and cleanliness. Attentive and professional staff. Very good breakfast with extra options menu. Stayed for 3 nights, will definitely come back. Highly recommend it.Nice

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
John M, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Anber

Thanks for sharing your great review. I'm pleased to read you enjoyed our wonderful, central location and the team were attentive and professional.

It's great to hear you would recommend us and the team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Kind regards

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Disappointed with the hotel housekeeping staff. Needed to constantly call for fresh towels and toilet paper. Internet service was horrible. Bed was very uncomfortable. Hotel was clean and theconcierge was great. Awesome location.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

Dear Joe

Thanks for reviewing us. I'm sorry to hear there was a delay with your requests; Please be assured we will use this feedback to improve and learn. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed our location and the concierge team took good care of you.

Hope to welcome you back again soon.

With best regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The awkward hotel, the bad staff, the supervisor and the maids screaming in the corridor, I paid for a room far too much to deserve, the dishes were disgusting, the coffee cans were not washed for 3 days, and the explanation from the supervisors (Tamara) they are not allowed to wash them. I do not recommend this hotel. A smaller hotel staff is much more friendly and they do their best to be all right. I'm not coming back to this hotel

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank galangalan22

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are very sorry the cleanliness of your room wasn't up to our typical standards and I apologise for the negative impression we gave you. We will use your comments you mentioned as a training opportunity with our housekeeping team.

Many thanks,