“Amazing Meal and Service”

The Ivy Tower Bridge
Reserve a table
Sat, 13/08
20:00
Ranked #5,016 of 24,906 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$24 - US$97
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Description: The Ivy Tower Bridge is an all-day British brasserie serving modern British & international Ivy-inspired classics.
Reviewed 2 July 2022 via mobile

We visited on Wednesday 29th June and I have to say I was a little worried about the reviews but we needn’t have worried. We were greeted on the desk by a lovely young lady, she was so professional and welcoming we were shown to our table, asked if we wanted to see the vegetarian options and also the specials. We were served by a gentlemen throughout our meal who I think was a senior / manager. He checked if we had any allergies, explained the menus and specials and have us some time to consider the options. Regularly throughout the meal he check we were ok, happy and had everything we needed. The food was served at a good pace, hot, fresh and of high quality. We watched the staff working and it was clear the hard work and team effort across the restaurant. We commended the manager and he wouldn’t take it saying it’s very much the team the make the experience enjoyable. We would highly recommend this place and would have no hesitation recommending this venue. Thank you for making our evening special.

1  Thank Peter J
Write a reviewReviews (1,424)

Reviewed 1 July 2022

Although the restaurant was empty at 12 noon the receptionist wouldn't allow me to
be in the large main restaurant, had to eat outside. I did explain that I was only having one course but this was ignored.
The prawn cocktail is good but the zucchini were brought to the table only warm.

Found it impossible to pay by card. 3 requests were ignored. Paid with cash and left.

Obviously major staff problems

Reviewed 28 June 2022

We went for breakfast on Sunday morning, the place was empty, but advised we would have to sit at the bar, which was absolutely fine, two bar staff behind the bar and the chef sitting at the end of the bar. Absolutely no ambience, pleasantries or even acknowledgement that we were there. From the get go we were clearly an inconvenience.
We were seated, given a menu and the left to have a look, after some time I then had to call the waiter and ask to order, he said "ok" no pleasantries. He then stood in silence in front of us, we asked for a tea and coffee, my sister then hurriedly said her food order, he didn't acknowledge any of this, before I could order he then walked away and put the order into the system. I assumed he would return, but I was wrong, after about five minutes of just sitting incredulously looking at each other, I then called him and asked could I please order, he again said "ok", I gave the order, he did not write it down, turned in silence and went to the system to input it. A few minutes later his colleague came back, apologised and asked could I again give the order again to him which I did.
My sisters food arrived, no sign of mine, the chef then asked the waiter why they didn't arrive together, he was informed they were ordered separately, technically correct but due to the incompetence and quite frankly ignorance of his colleague.

At this point were like 25 minutes into our visit, my sister begins to eat, I then have to call the waiter and ask for the teas and coffee because they still haven't arrived, the place is not busy and there is no reason for this other than poor service.

Finally my food arrives, my sister has finished eating, the waiter comes takes her plate away, in silence, doesn't ask if she is finished, if everything was ok, nothing, just lifts it. I finish, no sign of the waiter, so I sit for a further 15 mins with my plate in front of me, no inquiry if we would like more drinks, nothing, Just left looking at each other in disbelief at the incredibly poor service, and distinct lack of any ambience. Asked for the bill which arrived immediately, the only thins that was provided promptly, paid and left.

The service was beyond poor, for an establishment that trades on it's reputation you really need to do better, the waiter was rude to the extreme and his colleague literally to curb the total embarrassment from us had to take over and try and remedy the situation which was beyond saving. This is nothing like the Ivy in Edinburgh where the service is first class, frankly your staff need customer service training because there are much better places to eat along the river.

Reviewed 24 June 2022

We loved not only the location of this restaurant, but the staff was very professional and the meal delicious! It is a great place to people watch and offers inside and outside dining options. Reservations are recommended. A great memory of our first night meal in a great city.

Date of visit: April 2022
Reviewed 20 June 2022

Lovely venue and great staff, however the food arrived luke warm and 1 meal arrived when we were half way through our mains. There are far better Ivys where more care is taken with the food.