“A very lovely evening with excellent food”

Kibele Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #97 of 25,450 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Kibele Restaurant offers simple yet brilliantly executed Mediterranean Turkish dishes with authentic and fresh ingredients. Kibele may have evolved from an Anatolian Mother Goddess of fertility, love and light and we aim to reflect this via our food. We would like to welcome you with great ambience. You should expect warm, friendly service. We promise to make your experience in our restaurant very enjoyable and memorable. Kibele serves modern and traditional Turkish food. We offer a good choice of freshly prepared seasonal food, freshly prepared selection of mezzes and selective of marinated meat, chicken, fish or vegetarian dishes which is prepared meticulously… Our restaurant has ground and lower-ground floor. The ground floor, with the capacity of 80 people. The lower-ground floor, with the capacity of over 130 people and Kibele is the perfect venue for any special occasions. We also offer you live music, belly dancing performances and DJ s performing contemporary, popular English, Mediterranean and World Music. Kibele is simply not just a restaurant but a night out…
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Kibele Restaurant and Bar was a last minute decision of which I am very happy to say was an excellent decision. The staff were very attentive, the food was amazing and well seasoned. Desserts were lush. Prices are on the slightly more expensive end but well worth it. The décor and atmosphere was relaxing and there is another massive room downstairs for bigger parties. I will definitely go back again. There were a diverse group of customers from young to old.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Incredibly attentive and well informed staff (reassured me with my nut allergy which gave me confidence in eating each dish)

Beautiful setting

Delicious food, really some of the starters were 5 star.

Stunning drinks, immaculate tables

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I met up here with an old friend as we all love Turkish food. This is a very cool place. Spacious, big sofas, cubicles if you want, attractive bar and subdued lighting.
The front of house and waiting staff were all very friendly and professional and there was no pressure to order.
Our drinks of sparkling water and ginger tea arrived in good time and after a good chat we eventually ordered.
We shared a mix of starters which were all of generous sized portions. 4 large boreks; crispy and tasty. Lovely aubergine dip; fragrant and light taboule and 4 good falafel.
For mains I had the poached lamb with pears, prunes, apricots and couscous. The meat was very tender but I felt the spice could be a bit more punchy. My wife had the aubergine with rice and minced lamb. Our friend had the mini lamb dumplings. All three dishes were well enjoyed.
The rice flan with coconut ice cream was divine.
Great place.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a great night! Fantastic food, loved the atmosphere and great service. The grill platter was delicious. Sooooo worth the visit.. highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Thank you Kibele for making my birthday party so special! Me and my friends are still talking about the yummy scrumptious food there. And the service quality was just impeccable. Thanks once again Jowita for the warm hospitality!