1,441 results
All reviews free tea and coffee rooms are small lounge area bigger room room controls no window control panel james tube station air con touch screen high tech new scotland yard new concept big ben continental breakfast free movies costa coffee
Reviewed 14 October 2018

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a trip to London & Paris. In London, after much searching I chose the Hub Westminster (St. James Park). There are a couple of Hub's very close to each other (walking distance) - I am talking about the St. James Park one on Dacre street. I am so glad I went with this location because they have helpful and friendly staff. I found everything so close by: Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben (under renovation till 2021 - dammit, could not see a thing!), the London Eye, Westminster Cathedral. And most importantly, St. James Park station is right there so you can hop on the Tube and go anywhere!
If you are looking for large rooms with lots of space, this may not be the place for you! I knew ahead of time that Hubs have compact rooms but honestly, all we needed was a place to sleep, a nice shower, air-con and of course, wi-fi. You get all of these! I also chose the breakfast for GBP5. Excellent breakfast for 5 pounds per person/day. You would not find a continental buffet anywhere nearby for 5 bucks. I went with what they call a "larger room" . The website quotes on regular rooms so I called them and asked for a larger room. All rooms do not have windows! We got there early in the day and were lucky enough to get a room with a window. The bed was so comfortable and each side of the bed has a control touch panel for lighting & cooling. It was nice to be able to turn out all the room lights & control air-conditioning without getting out of bed :-)
- my wife has knee issues so I needed to have a hotel with an elevator. Not all London hotels have elevators
- this property feels brand new and is kept amazingly clean
- they have a nice lounge area which is their breakfast buffet area every morning
- breakfast included pastries, croissants, white & brown bread for toast, jams, nutella, cream cheese (I wish they had a hot breakfast option with eggs & bacon but I was pleased with the variety of the options they had)
- cereal, fresh fruit in a chopped salad
- the hotel is quite ok with you serving yourself and taking your food up to your room
- fresh coffee and tea (available 24/7 in the lounge - loved this!)
- there are several good restaurants & pubs nearby
- the shower had plenty of hot water
- rooms do not have a mini fridge: but we asked the staff to keep my wife's insulin in their fridge and they tagged it and kept it for us
- you will see a lot of reviews about how small the rooms are: we found it quite ok, no complaints really. It is smaller than other hotel rooms say in Canada & the US but we had space for our bags and did not find the space to be an issue
- we noticed quite a few business people staying here. The location is probably very central and quite economical compared with other hotels. But we were not the only tourists there so I would recommend this hotel very highly
- shoutout to some of the staff we met: Tim, Sheldon, Kirstie & Dario: they were always cheerful and quickly cleared away our plates at breakfast. They kept replenishing food as needed.
A big thank to all the staff for making our stay so comfortable at the Hub Premier Inn Westminster St. James Park.

Room Tip: try to get a "larger room". This is their term for it. You pay extra but it is worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carlisle G
Reviewed 14 October 2018

The cleanest hotel room I've ever had. I was really impressed with the way in which the room was designed to maximise the small space. It didn't feel like a small room due to the excellent design. The bathroom was surprisingly generous with a big shower, Great lighting and all controlled from a panel behind the bed. Comfortable bed and places to put everything - coats, bags, etc. I didn't expect to use the bar/restaurant but cocktail happy hour was 5-7pm and the cocktails are all freshly made plus we were given free cheese and crackers. Breakfast was also great value, £6 covers everything including hot food. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank jossoverseas
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Myself and hubby had a theatre date for anniversary and decided to stay in London overnight, hubby picked the hotel and I wasn’t impressed as I thought it would be small uncomfortable and full of backpackers and only supply basics. Well I was wrong the Hub was amazing clean, friendly with a lovely bar that did evening snacks And very relaxing. The room was bigger then expected (he did request larger room!) that had a large bed, 40” smart Tv smart,clean bathroom with shower, plenty of storage, hairdryer that worked well and touch screen panels over bed that worked heating ,lights and such. Free bottle water was provided in room. I’m a very light sleeper and I didn’t hear a sound all night (even though I laid awake listening for some lol ) Not even the road works in the morning . Thanks premier inn for an amazing stay. Will definitely be coming back

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 13 October 2018

Room was small, but we didn’t spend much time in our room. The staff members were great...very helpful and friendly! Breakfast was okay, but I guess that is a typical English breakfast (porridge, pastries, fruit, yogurt). Would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple