“Wonderful fare, welcoming, accommodating place”
Review of Fumo

Fumo
Ranked #652 of 24,408 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived right at closing time after a late play with no reservation and the host at Fumo kindly allowed us in, giving us a front table on the window--we ordered quickly, as the kitchen was closing. The friendly, helpful staff served us wonderful, delicious small plates--elegant mozzarella di bufala/tomato salad, perfectly cooked sea bass, lasagne, and spinach, along with cheese and dessert and a great Italian red wine. We were as happy as clams and so grateful to get in under the wire. We will definitely return on our next trip to London--we are always looking for excellent post-theatre restaurants, and Fumo is perfectly located with later hours on the weekend. We also recommend it for a leisurely dinner on a non-theatre night.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Think of this as small plate Italian dishes. Very well crafted items. An frenetic pace the night we visited prior to attending the theater. Once your order is placed the show begins! Servers bring dishes to your table and you begin sharing. Our table of four ordered several different dishes. It was a great way to sample many things. The tastes were good.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I'm so glad my friend recommended this restaurant to meet up.

The food was so good and I was pleasantly surprised when the bill arrived.

I'd have to go back here next time I'm in London!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were looking for somewhere a little different from the usual chain type restaurants for our pre-theatre dinner and we certainly found it here. The menu posted outside could be a little misleading as on first glance, the food appears to be very reasonably priced. In fact, it is quite expensive. The food is billed as Italian tapas style and you should be prepared to order at least 5 dishes to share between two people. It didn’t put us off and we ordered our dishes. The waiter didn’t really listen and even when he read our choices back, he forgot the rocket salad we wanted and we couldn’t be bothered to press the point. The service was quick and more or less friendly, if a bit rushed. No one offered to hang our coats up which was a bit off-putting- I really dislike having to hang my coat/jacket on the back of a dining chair. The waiter explained that the food would be served as it was ready and we were happy with this. The couple next to us had not grasped the tapas type concept at all and were quite angry, The waiters did a very good job in pacifying them. Our negronis were delicious, as was all the food but the portions of some were really niggardly. Overall a good experience but I am not sure I would return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great atmosphere and service throughout. Menu explained thoroughly and we had just the right amount of food. Food was well prepared and presented but there was nothing that blew me away. Food was tapas style but the table wasn't big enough to cope with more than 3 serving plates so we were constantly juggling crockery. A good night out though.