“Rude ”

The Ivy Cafe Wimbledon Village
Ranked #2,438 of 24,404 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Wimbledon
Description: The Ivy Café presents a relaxed yet stylish dining experience offering an accessible all-day menu in a friendly, neighbourly environment.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Tried to visit with my baby and a friend / colleague for drinks / lunch. I was told we couldn’t sit in the bar area with the buggy and when I asked for a table (there were plenty free) I was told we’d have to order off the main menu as they have a ‘restaurant license’. I’m not even sure what this means as when I’d enquired earlier I was told it was fine to have drinks. The staff member who greeted me was extremely rude. I was made to feel unwelcome and like I should not have been there with my baby. Won’t be going back.

1  Thank Sarah F

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been to the Ivy in Wimbledon a number of times and the food has always been very good. This time, three of us had fish dishes for first and main courses. All were perfectly cooked - scallops, wasabi prawns, salt & pepper squid, cod and the fish of the day (sea trout).
The zucchini in a delicate batter are also a must have.
So, no problem with the food, plus our waiter was a charming and very efficient young man.
My issue is that if I am told they will want the table back in 2 hours, I don’t expect to arrive on the dot and then have to wait for our table. I expect it to be ready and waiting.
OK, we probably only waited about ten minutes , but there is no where to stand/wait.
The ‘bar’ was full of people having dinner on the bar, so we couldn't have a drink whilst we waited.
The staff where apologetic, of course, but perhaps the bar area should be left for people to sit if they have to wait for a table, rather than cram in a few more covers.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have been here a couple of times and the food has been really nice, service good and the atmosphere is great. However, following on from previous visits we were trying to organise dinner for my management team at work. There are 8 of us. The Ivy told us that they can only seat groups of 4 people. They DO NOT move their furniture and would not even take 2 reservations of 4. They certainly would not permit two bookings of 4 to have adjacent tables. Quite honestly i will never go back there. They have an arrogance that I find totally unacceptable being so sure of themselves that they can turn away a booking for 8. I can only hope that they annoy sufficient numbers of people that they fail as a business.

2  Thank vincentponcia
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Booked just a few days before for an afternoon birthday lunch,

Best table in the house for 6 people,
Great service, attentive but not over the top,

House champagne and beer Ivy brand was good, and the Alberino amazing.

Brunch snacks were very good and main courses a delight.

We stayed for around 3 hours and wasn’t rushed off the table.

Can’t wait to go back

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Walking into the Ivy cafe felt like stepping back in time. The decor was beautiful and reminded me of colonial outposts in Asia. We started off with a delicious ice tea which was balanced and flavourful. Our waiter was very friendly and helped to recommend some of the wonderful desserts on offer. If you want a special treat for lunch get yourself to the Ivy Cafe!