“Really good place! ”
Review of Little India

Little India
Reserve with OpenTable
Little India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #273 of 25,296 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Agnieszka, Poland, may 2018

Good food (I can recommend Lamb Rogan Josh and Tikka Masala! ), great service by Mr. Kay.
I hope we could visit that place once again in a future

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Food was perfect, the deal for two was very filling! The bread came abir cold and the head waiter replaced it immediately at no extra charge .

The staff were friendly and very professionally and I will be coming back with my girlfriend .

It’s a small restaurant but you eat for the service and food!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I highly recommend this Indian restaurant. The service and the food are excellent. Best Indian restaurant in London!

The owner as well as the waiter Moyna Mumit are very professional - they will do their very best to satisfy all your requests!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We stumbled upon this restaurant while walking down Gloucester Road to the tube station; however, we were not impressed with the service or the food.
First, we asked for water; the waiter brought us bottled water. When we asked for tap water, he claimed that the tap water in the area was not good, and quickly opened the bottle and poured it into our glasses. Then, the family sitting at the table next to us asked for tap water (for their toddler), the same waiter gave them the tap water, which was apparently unsafe for adults but safe for small children.
Second, we ordered lamb rogan josh and paneer. The lamb had more tomatoes than meat, and it was hard and chewy. Also, the paneer was hard and rubbery.
Third, all we had was lamb, paneer, one serving of rice, one naan, and water, and the bill was £32. Way too expensive!
Fourth, the waiter spent most of his time singing his own praises, and asking customers to go on TripAdvisor to write reviews. We overheard him asking another customer for their phone, so he could" help" them write the review as well.
Finally, when we mentioned that we were not impressed with the food, he immediately stopped attending to us, and had another waiter clear the table and bring the bill.
We will not be returning to this restaurant, and we certainly do not recommend it to anyone else!

3  Thank HelgaC140
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I had been here once before so was keen to try it again. The decor is very plain/old but the food really made up for that last time. Sadly not this time.

The portions were not generous, just a small white ceramic bowl with small meat pieces, and the food arrived barely warm. I did say something and they offered to 'heat it up' but I wanted it freshly hot, not blasted in a microwave thank you very much. They just stated they were 'very busy' and that's why it wasn't hot. The flavour that I enjoyed last time seemed to have diminished too, and the samosa that was excellent last time was bland.

I am £65 poorer (which is not an insignificant amount but I would happily part with it for decent food) and I feel extremely disappointed at the low standard of my meal. I got a 'sorry' but that was all. I don't think I'll recommend it or return. What a pity.

2  Thank hannah917