“1 bed apartment - zone one London”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 20 reviews

Reviews from our community

JAMESH699
Romford, United Kingdom
“1 bed apartment - zone one London”
Reviewed 17 January 2020 for a stay in December 2019
person found this review helpful

The apartment is a in a good location and it was just a minute away from Borough Station.
We walked to a lot of the top attractions - it was great to get around on foot.
The apartment is well equipped with everything you need and is beautifully decorated. The bed was super comfy. We also enjoyed the nearby pubs!
Would definitely stay here again

Date of stay: December 2019
Safari260...
“Delighted and relieved.”
Reviewed 17 January 2020 for a stay in November 2019

I booked this apartment some while ago and then read a somewhat nasty review left by someone who went there shortly before I did. I admit I was worried about what the place would be like but I can only assume the previous renter is either a serial complainer or fussy beyond belief and doesn’t understand what accommodation is like in other countries.

The flat was spotless, nothing was broken and there was everything there that one needed for a comfortable stay in the center of London. Was it in a swanky part of the city...? Er, no, but then I wouldn’t expect it to be for what it cost and I knew that before I arrived because I know how to look at a map. Yes, the building and surrounding area was old but most of London is, that’s what draws people to visit, it’s sense of history. Everything, simply Everything was on hand. So many tourist attractions within a short walk it was hard to decide which way to go. And there was an underground station at the other end of the block if you wanted to go further afield. The ‘alley’ that was mentioned was in fact a road. With a pavement and cars and lampposts on it. Jack the Ripper was nowhere to be seen and at no time did I or my partner feel in danger.

The flat owner, Janet, couldn’t have been nicer, and I felt a bit bad for her that someone seemed intent on harming her business without reason.

I’m glad that I read the previous reviews and decided to have faith in those that recommended it as a good rental accommodation. I would definitely rebook in the future.

Date of stay: November 2019
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Edinburgh
Reviewed 22 October 2019 for a stay in October 2019

Date of stay: October 2019
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
16 Jan 2020
Thanks for your review.
Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and loved the location.
Ft_Lauder...
Ft. Lauderdale
“Dirty, worn, reeking of cigarettes, rude host so we left with no support from booking APP.”
Reviewed 28 August 2019 for a stay in August 2019

We arrived at the apartment at 4:30 in the afternoon on day of check in. What is described as “ Gorgeous 1 bed apartment in Fab location” was not the case. The apartment in reality was very poorly maintained with open holes in the walls with exposed piping in the kitchen, appliances missing face plates, broken drawers in the freezer with left over items in the drawer.

The apartment which is supposed to be non smoking reeked of stale cigarettes of which my husband has allergies. In our attempt to open the windows one appeared to be stuck and we were fearful it would fall in on us when attempting to open fully.
The apartment was not clean and hair was on the toilet (sadly my husband disposed of it). Floors were dirty and living room sofa was hard as a rock and unkept.
The apartment is a fire hazard! You must turn 2 handles at once to get out of the stairwell. There is only one exit. The apartment is located off of an alleyway next to a subway station and not a “Fab” neighborhood. In fact due to the complexity of entering the building with 2 different locks, a digital code assessment and 2 knobs to turn at the same time, one could be at risk of being assaulted.

We made the decision ( as evening was approaching) to find alternative ( clean,sage,comfortable) accommodations. We left within 3 hours leaving the apartment as we had found it. We contacted Janet as soon as we had checked into a new accommodation. She was defensive implying we went into the wrong apartment and that my husband was essentially stupid for his concern about the window. She did offer to meet us 4-5 pm or on the day that we were scheduled to leave. Being on vacation we had tours scheduled etc.. Janet knowing we were dissatisfied contacted trip advisor. Trip advisor did contact us but their policies is a joke! Please read in full the fine print as dirt not covered, and although they contacted me on the day of check-in stated that the “guarantee” was void because we did not contact them.
So no refund but we chose to move on and not let the loss ruin our trip. Hopefully this review makes it to help others who choose to consider staying here or booking through TripAdvisor. I will attempt to post photos as well.

Date of stay: August 2019
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
31 Aug 2019
When these Senior Citizen guests messaged me they were leaving I was completely in shock - and I am equally as shocked now to read their review. When they first contacted me, I really thought they had gone upstairs to the wrong apartment - as this was being refurbished. I couldn’t believe they were talking about my apartment!
To address their issues:-
The window was not broke or unsafe. It is a tilt and turn window - something they had obviously not seen before.
My apartment did not, never has, or ever will smell of smoke and it certainly did not have dirty floors or hairs on the toilet. They sent lots of photos.... but the “mysterious hair” on the toilet was strangely omitted from their photographs, as was “the hole in the wall”
The floor throughout most of the apartment are original floorboards from when the property was built. It’s a great feature... but they obviously didn’t appreciate them.
My apartment is not “in an alley”. This is a complete lie and they shouldn’t be able to say this publicity on my advert. The road my entrance is in, is shown on my photograph’s on my advert. So, if these Senior guest’s thinks this is an alley - it is shows how they have exaggerated everything they have said - as it is clearly a road!
It is also not a fire hazard. What do they actually mean by that? Where is the hazard they are referring too?
They complained there was “only one exit” I really don’t know how many exists they were expecting? I live in third floor apartment, the building has no lift, and there is one exit. All the apartments I have been into, only have one exit.
The only thing they have said that is slightly true is in the kitchen. The plinths were missing, as I had had a new washing machine installed. It was slightly larger than the previous one, so the plinths needed adjusting. As the apartment was very busy with guests, I hadn’t been able to get the plinths replaced. This has now been done.
There is a drawer in the freezer with a small crack in, but this is in no way dangerous, unhygienic or prevents the drawer from being used.
(They actually sent a picture of it and forced it apart)
The “food” left in the freezer, was actually a bag of ice cubes!!!
(London had been experiencing heatwave... so they would have been handy in a drink)
There is certainly no “hole” in any wall......
It is not complicated to get into the apartment. There is a keypad to put in a code and you turn a key at the same time. Actually the top lock is always on the latch, so you can get in just by using the keypad. And from the inside, you exit by just opening one lock. But I suspect these guests did not have the common sense to realise that - maybe they were having a “Senior Moment”
And guests are certainly not in danger. I don’t know how well these guest’s know London - but this area is a fabulous location for tourists, as there is so much on offer to see, all within walking distance. And It is not dangerous! I actually have 3 apartments in this area - as it is such a great location.
I offered to meet them, (at any convenient time to them, and not between 4-5pm as stated) as I wanted to see them face to face and see together what their complaints were. I realise this was not practical for them - but I really needed to understand and see what the were actually complaining about.
I have been renting out holiday accommodation for almost 10 years and now have six properties. I have a good business with excellent reviews on all the major property portals. I could not have done this if my accommodation was of a poor standard. What happened with these guests, will always be a mystery to me ........
Anna S
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Wonderful location ”
Reviewed 8 May 2019 for a stay in May 2019

Great flat for sightseeing and just near the Borough Market. There are lots of restaurants and cafés all around, it's just a wonderful area. There's a bus stop directly in front of the building, and 2 underground stations within minutes walking. Traveling was very easy. Janet provides a lovely collection of information for her guests as well, this was so helpful. However, the flat itself is rather old and the bed is so uncomfortable! We found ourselves rolling to the middle of it all night, and after one night or so, my back hurt so much! There is quite a bit of street noise, although, we weren't bothered by this. I'd definitely stay in the same area again, but probably not in the same flat.

Date of stay: May 2019
6 Aug 2019
I am very happy to hear that you loved the location!
I am sorry to hear you thought the bed was uncomfortable - I had another review written a month prior to this (written on 13th April) and they said the bed was really comfy. This is a good example that different people experience different things in the same place. It’s hard to please everyone. I actually stayed there myself back in June, and had a very good nights sleep.
Also, the flat isn’t old - so not sure what this comment means.
There will be a new bathroom fitted at the end of the summer (2019)
I am sorry to hear your negative comments, and they come as a surprise to me. I will address them and see what can be done to improve.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.