“Won’t be back!”

Reserve a table
Thu, 29/07
20:00
Ranked #74 of 251 Quick Bites in Liverpool
Description: A friendly venue found in Liverpool, with an excellent range of ales, lagers and ciders served alongside quality pub classics, pizza and tapas. With excellent sports coverage, The Crafty Chandler is the perfect place to catch the game.
Reviewed 11 June 2021

Told to use the app to order, which they were aware was faulty and subsequently removed £60 from my account for what should have been 1 round of drinks for 4 people. When mentioned to staff member, we were disappointed with their response and they refused to accept any responsibility for knowingly allowing their customers to use a faulty app. Definitely won’t be back, 1 round definitely wasn’t worth £20 never mind £60!

Date of visit: June 2021
Digital S, Marketing at Crafty Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Lucy Morris123456, we regret your most recent visit with us was not up to the standards we strive for.
When a transaction is taken through the App it will only come through to our Till system and printer if the payment has been accepted by your bank. If the payment is appearing on your account as "pending" then the payment has been held up by the bank. Therefore no transaction has been made between the customer and the Venue. Any transaction stating "pending" will normally return to your account between 3 to 5 days. If you would like to discuss the matter further with me then please feel free to call me on 0151 707 9992.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused and I hope that the Complimentry round of drinks went some way to rectifying the issue. For future reference please ask to pay for your items by Card or Cash if you are not happy using the App.
Regards, John GM

Write a reviewReviews (218)

Reviewed 4 June 2021

We ordered drinks at the table and paid cash, then when tried to order next drink barman said we had to order by app, when I said I couldn't set it up he said well everyone else can, how rude, so we left. Should offer cash payments to order drinks.

Date of visit: May 2021

Joannem893, thank you for leaving us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a positive one. Here at Crafty Chandler, we are always looking for ways to improve; we appreciate your input. If you would be willing, we would like to have you contact our manager at 0151 707 9992 to discuss ways we can better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2021 via mobile

It's testament to the hard work and endeavours of the bar team that work in The Crafty Chandler Pub that when my twin brother Stephen and I visited here when some more of the coronavirus lockdown restrictions were lifted for the hard hit hospitality sector that our visit on the 18th of May felt normal ,which is high praise indeed when you consider the abnormal last 14 months we've endured .
I work in the NHS, have done for 30 years as a porter so have seen 1st hand the magnificent success of the vaccines so it's great to see our country springing back to life , the 17th of May saw inside and outside service allowed for pubs,bars and restaurants, with this in mind my twin and I took a week off work to enjoy the great pubs our city is justifiably famous for, The Crafty Chandler Pub was at the top of our list of pubs to visit.
I love the look of this pub ,the interior is superb, a cool looking serving bar dominates the main room tv's and big screens to enjoy the sport, lovely decorative features abound throughout this pub and there's plenty of seating options spread throughout The Crafty Chandler Pub both inside and outside looking out onto the busy and bustling Concert Square and Bold Street, its a pub you can certainly chill out in and this is down to the staff who in my opinion make you feel welcome in this pub ,been in some pubs were the customer is made to feel like a nuisance but not here , friendly staff create a wonderful atmosphere, food and beverages are top notch,its just a warm and welcoming pub.
We were here on a beautiful Spring afternoon, greeted with a smile by a very pleasant member of the bar team, we track and traced on our N.H.S covid app on our phones and we were allocated a table, we ordered a pale ale each and payed contactless, pale ale's arrived quickly which was great service as this pub was busy and the pale ale's were superb ,a crisp, well balanced pale ale, a big hit of hops, hints of caramel, a classic British pale ale, absolutely delicious, it was just so good being in such a lovely pub enjoying a quality brew and to be honest socialising again albeit socially distanced.
On this visit I cannot really comment on the meals as we were here only for beers but I must say that the meals served here are delicious, proper pub grub ,tasty and filling.
We really enjoyed our beers in here and the great vibe so much so that we ended up staying for another pale ale each before we moved on and as on every other visit to The Crafty Chandler Pub we had a great time.
The Crafty Chandler Pub is easy to locate along Bold Street, a street and area teeming with pubs, bars and restaurants.
Opening hours are;
Monday to Thursday, Open from 11.30am.
Friday & Saturday, Open from 11am.
Sunday, Open from 11.30am.
A wonderful pub , a pub I highly recommend you check out if you're in the area.

Date of visit: May 2021

293neilk, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Crafty Chandler!
Another very constructive review which reflects how hard our Team work to ensure we exceed expectation.
If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. No doubt we will see you and your brother in the "Crafty" again very soon!
Once again many thanks and take care.

Reviewed 23 May 2021 via mobile

The Crafty Chandler Is a fantastic pub that offers a great food and drinks menu and is situated in a great area of the city centre.A former Yate's wine lodge that shut in 2014 and then it re-opened in 2015 as the Crafty Chandler.
Housed in a former bank'this fantastic pub has a superb interior with many interesting fixtures and features and excellent seating options.There is I think an upstairs area to this pub but I have never been in that area so I cannot comment on what it looks like up there.
When we visited we were only going in for a few drinks and once we gave our details for the track and trace we sat in one of the booths facing the bar.When here we had a few glasses of Love Lane brewery Pale ale an excellent craft beer which was perfectly served and price wise what I would expect to pay in a pub of this quality.
The Crafty Chandler Is a superb pub and a very popular pub as there is always a nice atmosphere in here'the staff are polite and helpful and is a great pub to have a couple of drinks or a meal while in this area of the city centre.Very easy to get to from Central train station look for the Bold street exit in the station take a left on Bold street and it is a few minutes walk.(This is my second review of the Crafty Chandler).
Opening Hours.
Monday-Thursday-12.00-22.00.
Friday-Saturday-12.00-23.00.
Sunday-12.00-22.00.
Hours May Differ From Above Due To The Covid 19 Restrictions.
Nearest Bus Stop.
College Lane bus stop.
Nearest Train Station.
Central train station.

Date of visit: May 2021

Hi Stephen, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Crafty Chandler. We're happy we could meet your expectations!
Really thorough and positive review which is very much appreciated by myself and my team.
Thanks again for the recommendation, next time you're in the Pub please introduce yourself to a member of the Team so we can personally thank you for the kind words. John GM

Reviewed 18 March 2021 via mobile

Prime Minister Boris laid out the roadmap out of the pandemic with pubs being allowed to reopen with outside service only on the 12th of April, from the 17th of May inside and outside service allowed and by June 21st more or less back to normality so it will be great to visit some of the great pubs our city is justifiably famous for, one of my favourites is The Crafty Chandler Pub.
A wonderful pub, great for a tasty meal,superb real ale's and craft beers and tv's and big screens to enjoy the sport, its a super pub were the staff are genuinely pleased to see you in their pub .
Our last visit to here was great ,fish & chips, craft beers in a covid safe environment, the 3rd national lockdown then descended but with the great success of the vaccines and over 24 million people having had the jab the future looks good ,with the outside seating options available to this pub I hope it opens on the 12th of April, if it does I will most definitely be heading to here on that day,The Crafty Chandler Pub is easy to locate along Bold Street looking out onto Concert Square.
Most definitely well worth checking out if you're in the area and when the 3rd and final lockdown is lifted.

Date of visit: March 2021
John D, General Manager at Crafty Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2021

293neilk, thank you so much for the positive review!
Your kind words about our Pub are very much appreciated by myself and the Team, you've certainly cheered me up during these troubling times.
I would like to be able to give you positive news regarding the re-opening of the outside areas on April 12th, unfortunately our re-opening will be delayed until 17th May.
Please make sure that you pencil in a visit to the Crafty from then.
Upon visiting can you please make yourself known to myself or a member of management so I can thank you personally for taking the time to write such a constructive review.

Thank you again! John GM