“Good quality food and polite staff”

Manhattan Bar and Grill
Ranked #115 of 1,988 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Liverpool
Description: We are a family run American themed restaurant with a twist! We serve beautiful food, create amazing cocktails and give you the best experience possible upon your stay with us!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited on a Friday evening with my parents and enjoyed some tasty food. The place is quite cosy and got loud at times with customers in for a drink at the bar.

I ordered the chicken and rib combo. It was covered in plenty of sauce and the portion size was very generous. Quite small ribs though. The sweet potato fries were great, very crisp!
My Dad liked his ribs but he felt there was too much sauce used. He was disappointed with the roast potatoes as they were more like new potatoes. He had to order them as a side too because they wouldn't substitute his fries, which wasn't a problem for me and the sweet potato fries though...

My Mum had the sea bass and liked it a lot. Again the portion size was big!

A couple of small errors were made with the food we were served but these were rectified and the staff were very apologetic.

Overall it was a nice meal and I would recommend this place.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,383)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely place decor fantastic but paid £8.50 for what tasted like cardboard come on Guys we have moved on in the veggie world since this type of Veggie Burger was invented hard very dry and could bounce of the floor when I left feedback with the waitress oh sorry about that !! Won’t go there again and would not recommend it for any Vegetarians

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Table for four..
Everything great. Food excellent.
Staff attentive and friendly.
When they found out that we were going to see drifters in concert, they put drifters music on.Lovely touch.
Would recommend and will return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came as a group of 5 (2 families). The cocktails and food were spot on and delicious. Loved the good quality live music. It’s a bit crowded, loud and stuffy, so not ideal for claustrophobic people or those not keen on loud music (our teenage kids didn’t like it)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After a wait for our drinks, within 2 minutes my girlfriends drink was nearly taken away, she barely had a sip. Starters came, can't complain about the food... until my girlfriends garlic bread was being taken away from her, not once but twice. The plate was still full. Management didn't seem to care about the way we was treated at all. Won't be going back again put it that way.