“Great Pub”
Review of The Arkles

The Arkles
Ranked #62 of 218 Nightlife in Liverpool
Reviewed 3 May 2018

This January we were in Liverpool for four days to watch the game against City.
No Pub was open around the stadium at the first day but then we found The Arkles.
Immediately we got along well with the manager Paul of the restaurant.
After the first day there we spent most of the time in The Arkles with Paul.
We had so much fun and celebrated the 4:3 victory against City with the natives.

On our last day there we had the luck that Paul was going to the airport and he took us with him - very nice gesture.

So Paul - maybe you´ll read it - many many thanks from the three guys (two with bald head ;)) from Styria/Austria. Next time in Liverpool, which will hopefully be very soon, we´ll meet again.

Thank you for the unbelievable days in Liverpool - YNWA

"pint"
"stadium"
"paul"

Reviewed 26 April 2018

If you can't get tickets, and you wanna be somewhere packed with liverpool fans singing through the whole game and be able to walk out the front door of the pub and see Anfield right there in front of you then this is the place for you. You'll get soaked with beer everytime Liverpool score (with 44 goals in 11 Champions league games you really will get soaked), and won't be able to hear yourself think for the full 90 minutes but that's what football is supposed to be about. Pure emotion.

A guy came over the PA at I think 4-0 against Roma and said "remember where you were for this lads", and I will.

My favourite place to watch football asides from Anfield.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We came from Germany to the Arkles last weekend. Great Pub, classic english style. The Owner was a great guy who even helped us out(so if your reading this we are the two German guys, thanks again mate) even though it was very busy. Very friendly atmosphere for home and visiting fans. Good prices. We will be back!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I don’t know where to start, but I Geoffinitley know where not to end my night..
I was told this was a nice and somewhat pleasant place to have a midweek beverage, however what unfolded over the space of night I was in there led me to believe this was a lie.

To begin with the staff weren’t welcoming nor did they provide me with a good service until he was finished throwing darts. I could a smell a terrible attitude also. There was a blatant disregard for drug use within the toilets where I was offered a “potent slug lad”...needless to say I didn’t decline, as I felt severely intimidated. To make myself feel comfortable I proceeded to the jukebox where I was forced to listen to Rolf Harris and Pavarottí..in my opinion they had been selected to force customers out early.

3  Thank GeoffC1974
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

While on a tour of Anfield with a hour to wait I decided to call into the Arkles Pub close to the ground. The staff were all very welcoming as I approached the bar, there was a wide selection of hand pulled beers, bitters, lagers and cider to chose from ,I choose the Carlsberg which I found extremely cheap in price compared to my local pub .Speak to the member of staff who served me whose name was Carl (I later found out he was the assistant manager) he was polite and courteous at all times we chatted about LFC and how busy the pub gets on match days , although this wasn't a match day the pub had quite a few people in who were of varying ages the atmosphere was very good and pleasant.
Carl introduced me to the manager Paul as he was required elsewhere and the chat continued eventually it became time for me to leave for my tour .
Overall my total experience was brilliant and the staff were amazing they couldn't do enough for you so much so that I called back after my tour of the ground for another pint or 2 and when I next attend a game The Arkles will be my first port of call