1,029 results
All reviews met quarter city centre noisy at night ncp car park excellent location cavern quarter cavern club matthew street afternoon tea reception staff twin room visiting liverpool yogurt albert dock doorman nightlife
Reviewed 26 October 2018

We went here for my Grandaughters 9th Birthday afternoon tea...
The place setting is very impressive and presentation of food was really good, but didnt taste as good as it looked sadly, when we required further refreshments it was near impossible to get any of the staffs attention, so ended up queueing at the bar, while my food went cold, then to be told by a senior in there that someone would deal with me when they were free and she just stood and chatted without assisting.. not impressed... Will not be returning

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Pammie G
Experience826050, Manager at The Sir Thomas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

Dear guest

I am so sorry to hear about your recent experience and both myself and our Exec Chef would like to find out more about this. Please would you email me personally so I can gather further information and of course so that I can invite you back as i would hate the fact that your lasting impression of us is a negative one.
tina.oneil@theflanagangroup.com
I look forward to hearing from you
Tina

Reviewed 25 October 2018

Just returned home after two great nights in this lovely hotel, the staff ,bar and food were excellent and the location was perfect for us (we love the Cavern club) The rooms are a bit tired but clean and comfortable, we will definitely return next year and will recommend to our friends

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan W

Dear Guest

Thanks so much for your lovely comments and we cant wait to welcome you back from all of us here at The Sr T

Reviewed 19 October 2018

After a 5 1/2 drive from London, we arrived at the Sir Thomas & our room wasn't ready (not a problem, it was 10.30am on Saturday 13th October. Our bags were collected & we were advised they would be placed in our room, once it had been cleaned. On first impressions - grubby low reception desk & Paul who checked us in was more interested in looking at his mobile or checking emails in the back office, talking to us in-between - great start!
We were a party of 5 in the hotel, all travelling from different destinations & all went to eat elsewhere to return later. On arrival back in the hotel approximately 3.00pm, we were given back our bags, which has been stored (god knows where) & not placed in our room as originally advised.
To my daughters & my horror - our room was absolutely disgusting. The carpet was filthy dirty, windows, tv, bedside cabinets & 2 broken wonky lamps were covered in dust. The 1 window blind was ripped & frayed on both sides, the window was smeared in grease & filth inside & out & couldn't be opened. On further inspection the bedsheets were dirty & rotten, covered in red stains??? & the small duvet covering a double bed was dirtier than my dogs!! The bathroom sink & shower were filthy & the toilet was stained with faecal/urine stains. Wallpaper was ripped off in places & hanging off in others. There was also clumps of someone else’s hair behind the radiator.
The iron had burnt on clothes stains & the bin, which was not only filthy, but if you removed the rust, would have fallen apart.
I immediately returned to reception to be greeted by Paul (who was as much use as a chocolate teapot) to be told that they had no other rooms available & that the duty manager was unavailable. They said our room would receive a deep clean when we went out later that day & that they would move us the next day to a better room! Chelsea (receptionist) came up to our room to inspect our concerns & I took clean toilet roll & wiped the sink, bath, toilet, window, lamps, tv & bedside table to show her each one in turn & the filth. She agreed that the room was in a very poor state!
When we came back later Saturday evening - had our room been cleaned - NO! He had obviously sent Chelsea (fellow receptionist) to our room, to fix-it……….. & who had obviously picked up all the dirty toilet roll I shown her previously & left it in the already dirty bin. The bed had been remade with the dirty rotten sheets & no deep clean had taken place.
We immediately returned to reception to be greeted by 2 very pleasant night porters, who at midnight, came & inspected our room & changed the bedding. On showing them the appalling state of the room we were expected to sleep in, without being too committal (for fear of reprisal from senior management I suppose), did agree that our room was filthy & of a very poor state – Thank you Colin & Oliver for being true saviours that evening.
On Sunday morning returning once again to reception the once again useless Paul, who tried to run away sheepishly, advised that our concerns had been raised with the duty manager, who surprise surprise was still unavailable, but would be addressed.
Unfortunately we returned late back to the hotel on Sunday evening as one of our party was rushed to hospital with a suspect heart attach – they left Liverpool several days later.
On Monday we checked out – was never so happy to be coming home to my tidy, clean house, with fresh bedding & no sight of someone else’s filth!!! Again the useless chocolate tea pot Paul – still no duty manager was available – she was in a very important meeting (what, sorry, were my concerns from 2 days ago not important!!). Reception took my mobile number & email address & was advised that someone would contact me…………………… today is now Friday 19th October & I stayed at the hotel from 13th – 15th October – how long does it take for management to contact me!!
Do yourselves a favour & stay somewhere else if you want comfort, cleanliness & exceptional client service – if you want filth, discomfort & a terrible experience – GO TO THE SIR THOMAS IN LIVERPOOL!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank LillyX66
Management response:Responded 20 October 2018

Dear guest
I am fully in support of every guest putting their review on trip advisor even when negative as we are a city centre hotel, however lies and insults is something that I feel should be responded to and in this case your review is just that.
We are not a perfect hotel and take all reviews seriously and use them as a platform to improve our service and standards which we have recently succeeded to do at great lengths.
If I could just use this opportunity to put you straight on the review that you did leave.
You checked in at 10.45 and we allowed you to leave your bags with us whilst you went into the city. Upon your return at 5pm staff noticed you were quite drunk as you were shouting to staff that “you had better have a decent room” and they also witnessed you saying “ you worked for Ernest Jones who were a multi million pound company”
Granted your bags should have been put in your room and I do apologise that they weren’t. My front of house manager Paul only put your bags in the lift because you were drunk and started to click your fingers at him. This was witnessed by others and they were also disgusted at how you were speaking to Paul. Paul is extremely professional and insults are disgusting.
After checking into your room you then came back downstairs stating the hotel was filthy and that one of my other managers was a numpty ! You then demanded free drinks ! At no point did you ask to speak to me and if you had of done I would have asked you to leave my hotel as your behaviour was unaaceptable towards my hard working team who treat every guest with exceptional service.
After you left we took the sheets down stairs and inspected them and pink gin which you were drinking in your room and been thrown all over them and wall paper ripped off the walls. You also scrawled abuse on the mirror in cream.
I will not tolerate this abuse of my staff and whilst I welcome criticism with open arms I certainly will not be welcoming you back to the Sir Thomas any time in the future. We have all photographic evidence to support

Reviewed 18 October 2018

We reserved for a group of twelve plus people for a forty year plus reunion. We booked more than a month in advance. We asked for a table group setting to allow for people to be able to talk over and after dinner. Despite promises, they sat us next to the live music. On top of problems with the food, they totally ignored our requests to be reseated. Noise was unbearable. They refused to accomodate us even though the restaurant was less than thirty percent full at the time the music began. A major let down on a special night.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

As per our correspondence earlier this month,the team received no complaints when checking back your table on the night in question. I am however disappointed to hear that they would not accommodate you when you requested to move as I will of course address this as a matter of urgency.
Once again, I am truly sorry and you have my contact details should you wish to discuss further.

General manager

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

A lovely find. Cannot fault Sir T's brasserie on any level. Food excellent service excellent ambience and decor excellent. Exquisite Mojito and Bloody Mary Marie Rose sauce is a revealation. The rooms are due to be upgraded to the style and standard of the brasserie so we will definitely be checking in and stopping here on our next visit. Thankyou Liverpool for your hospitality as a city - Thank you Sir T's for the best food of our visit.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple