“Oh dear!!”
Review of The Florist

The Florist
Ranked #496 of 1,936 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$11 - US$36
Description: The Florist believes in the fundamental principles of floristry, to charm each of the senses. Step into a sensory world to discover an arrangement of culinary delights, fragrant cocktails, daily beats and nightly DJs…
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We booked dinner for four as a birthday celebration for my husbands birthday. The earliest table we could get was 8.45. We got there a bit early and were immediately told there would be a fifteen minute delay, fair enough, went to the bar. Not cheap, four drinks.....£34!!
After forty minutes, asked when we would be seated, taken to our table about ten minutes later. Service was rather slow. Starters came and were enjoyed, however, our main courses only arrived at 10.45 and were cold!!
I saw someone dressed in whites in an adjoining room on a laptop and asked who it was. Turns out it was the executive head chef. I approached him with a dish of cold fries and asked him to try one......he declined. I explained, very politely, how disappointed we were with the service and the cold food. Turns out they have only been open a week. Even making allowances for that fact, I would still expect better. He told me to let him sort things. I returned to my table and a few minutes later someone else arrived to apologise and ask how to correct things. By this time, the chef had scarpered!
We were told there would be no charge for any food or wine and if we returned and give them another chance things would be better.
Maybe we will go back, I would like to think it could be a great night, the food did look very good. Just so disappointing when it's a special occasion.

1  Thank Judith D
TheFloristLiverpool, General Manager at The Florist, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hi Judith

Please be assured that the experience you received on dining with us is certainly not the standard of service we are adhering to provide.

I'm sorry that it had to come to you taking action into your own hands and that the experience you had with us was certainly not a memorable event, at least not for the right reasons.

I'd like to investigate the events of the evening some more so if you could drop me and email on joshuapolydor@nwtc.uk.com that would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Joshua Polydor

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Came in for cocktails which were lovely. Enjoyed watching the bar staff preparing them. Decided to order food. Unfortunately we had a very long wait for the food but it was worth it - food was delicious.

TheFloristLiverpool, Manager at The Florist, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Hi GMR60,

Thanks for taking time to write this good review.

I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us, and we delivered with our "delicious" food.
A lot of time and development went in to our cocktail menu, so I am happy you enjoyed your drinks.
If you like gin, our sharing cocktails and perfect serves are really good, for next time you come :)

See you again,

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Six ladies arrived for lunch at the Florist 2nd May, 2018. All impressed with the ambiance. So beautiful, very feminine. Food was lovely, I ordered from the choice of 4 meze, could have tried them all. Service was very good even though the waitresses where busy.

Will be going there again. Lovely place to eat.

Hey Debbie,

Thanks for your wonderful review!

I am glad you enjoyed your floral experience here with us! Did you take a selfie next our famous #LETITBLOOM wall?

There is a lot of choice on our deli board and you can add extra items as well just to bare in mind next time!
At least you have an excuse to come back and try even more of our food :)

See you again soon,

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I booked this new restaurant as it looked fantastic for my mum, sister and two children. The photos online don’t actually do it justice, the decor is stunning. We were shown to our table and ordered our food, the waitress then informed us most of our dishes were not available. We ordered alternatives and asked could we have the children’s dishes first. I understand the restaurant was very busy but almost two hours later our meals arrived! I asked many of the waiting staff to check to see where our food was, as other tables who had been sat down after us had eaten and left!! When the food arrived it was average, I’ve eaten better at Nando’s. My daughters burger was cremated and inedible so we asked to change it, it took another half an hour to arrive!!
I spoke to Brad, I assume he was the manager, he was apologetic and offered to discount our meal by 50%. We all left feeling very disappointed as this was supposed to be a treat meal for my sister before she went into hospital. I understand new restaurants experience teething problems but it was ridiculous and not a pleasant experience. I’ve given it 3* for the decor alone as the food and service both let it down!

1  Thank malagamolly

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I must admit some of your comments regarding the food are terribly concerning and please be assured they aren't our usual standards.

I'm sorry to here that you felt that the price you paid didn't reflect the service and food you received and I'd love to hear a little more about the whole experience.

Please feel free to drop me and email on joshuapolydor@nwtc.uk.com

Very much looking forward to hearing from you.

Joshua Polydor

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Great food, great drinks and Rhiyan was absolutely lovely! The food was slightly cold when we got the kebab but the place was extremely busy so no hard feelings! For the opening week the place seemed to run swimmingly and I’m sure it’ll get bigger and better in the future. Once the place has acclimated I’m sure everything will be incredible.

Hey EliReece,

Thanks for taking time to write such a lovely review.

I am glad you enjoyed your time with us, and can see what we are trying to achieve with a stunning venue and great food and drinks.

Next time if your food is slightly cold please do let us know and we will get it sorted for you straight away as we pride ourselves on excellence, and would happily replace the food for you :)

Until your next visit take care,