“OUTSTANDING MODERN HOUSE”
other travellers have booked this property
Beautiful, spacious Living room with Netlfix included!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Beautiful, spacious Living room with Netlfix included!
Bedroom 3
Its as easy as clicking the Netflix button - feel free to use our account :)
A hint of colour in our modern monochrome kitchen
Our beautiful kitchen - complete with brand new oven, brand new fridge and gas hob with 5 burners!
Bedroom 3 - same layout as Bedroom 1 with a handy wash basin
Which is just in the corner... (Bedroom 3)
Another angle of Bedroom 3
Skylights allow an abundance of natural light to fill our loft room
The spacious hallway which greets your arrival at Elmbank House...
Electric shower so that our other shower can cope with demands of up to 14 people showering
The most important rule at Elmbank House
Dining area seats 8 though we are awaiting our larger replacement which is being custom built!
Bedroom 6 - Loft bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Andrew M
“OUTSTANDING MODERN HOUSE”
Reviewed 1 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

This was the perfect house for our trip away, sleeps 14 comfortably and would happy come back for double the price!!
Hosts were incredible, answered all questions immediately and were very very kind and professional.

The house is not far away from the city centre, about a 10 minute taxi to most attractions. Perfect stay.

Thank you hosts for letting us stay.

Louie R
“Perfect House for The Entire Family!”
Reviewed 18 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

My family and I wanted to all stay together after attending a wedding in Liverpool and this house was absolutely perfect! We were a party of 13 and we didn't feel cramped at all, there was plenty of space in each of the 6 bedrooms and lots of seating in the living room/dining area. It was also easier than we thought getting taxis to and from the city centre taking about 5 to 10 minutes.
The house was immaculate when we arrived with hotel standard beds made in every room! The hosts were also really helpful being quick to respond whenever we had question and the self check-in process was ideal.
Overall the family were really impressed and loved being able to spend the time we had all together in one house. Would definitely stay here again!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
FairRevie...
Newcastle
“Absolutely Disgusting and dangerous”
Reviewed 9 May 2018 for a stay in February 2018

This has to be the worst place I have ever stayed. I booked this as part of a surprise hen party for my sister. We arrived on the Friday and immediately we were horrified what looked like blood or ketchup was up every blind in the living room, the plinth under the cooker fell off when I walked near it to reveal old food in the gap, there were bin bags full of rubbish by the back door I assume from the previous guests, the tiles by the back door were cracked and broken, the bathroom downstairs was mouldy, the bathroom upstairs had huge cobwebs that could not have been just missed from the last clean it had not been touched for a very long time, there was a false nail in the freezer that did not belong to any of our party, a contact lens on the bedroom floor in my room and I do not wear contacts not glasses, there was a used Elastoplast on the windowsill in another room the list goes on. Apart from all these horrific discoveries the hob in the kitchen was faulty and dangerous. I called the hosts within half an hour of arriving as I was absolutely appalled at the state of the property and extremely embarrassed to be inviting my sisters friends into the property. A handy man soon arrived and was able to fix the plinth and discard the rubbish by the back door but the only option we had for the blinds was to take them down completely leaving us no option but to just have the curtains closed or leave them up and just cover the worst parts with the curtains which we decided to do. As the evening went on we started to discover more and more as listed above and I expressed my concern to the hosts especially about the hob and was assured this was normal (if definitely was not) when the oven had been on for about an hour the back right hob started to spark as if trying to ignite host tried to tell me this is how the oven regulates the temperature ive never heard such nonsense. Anyway on checking out I tried to get one of the hosts to come meet me face to face so I could take them round everything but they said they would not attend. I requested compensation and they offered me £50 after we had paid £1200 total joke. After the communication between myself and the hosts this property was taken off the site but now I see it is available again. Please PLEASE do not waste your money on this dump.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
18 May 2018
Firstly, thank you for your review. We value any and all feedback as it helps us to create better experiences for our guests. That being said, we do not fully agree on some of the points you have made and think some of these are somewhat unfair. Therefore we would just like to offer up our view on the issues raised.

The blinds in the living room did have marks up several of the strips, this is something that we have tried to remove in the past but unfortunately these were cola stains left by a previous guest that we were unable to remove. Our handy men came out immediately and offered up the resolution of removing the blinds completely (as they are not fully necessary due to also having full length black out curtains) - you refused this offer so there was nothing else we could do to rectify this.

As for the kitchen plinth, I believe you are referring to the wooden skirting found under the oven. This is never removed as it is part of the actually kitchen fittings so we can only assume this has been kicked accidentally as this has never fell down before. In terms of 'food' behind there, there was of course some crumbs that had fallen through oven door and behind the skirting. Again, we immediately fixed this issue, cleaning behind and replacing the skirting.

In the rear of the property there were bin bags full of compost that were awaiting collection - to be clear these were not inside the property and so we were unsure why this was such an issue. Once again, our handyman happily removed the bin bags to try to satisfy your complaints.

As for the other cleaning issues you have raised, we could not find any evidence of this whatsoever, nor did you provide any evidence of this so were unsure how to take these complaints. You can see from all of our previous reviews our cleaning standards are paramount and from our cleaning log the house was left looking immaculate - we have dated photos showing the state of the clean prior to your arrival.

We are absolutely certain that the oven is completely safe, it is standard for some ovens to 'click' as they regulate temperature. We actually had this verified by the manufacturer during your stay and have since been round to check the 'sparking' since your stay and we could not see any such sparking at all. We have accommodated hundreds of guests in our home all of whom have used the oven regularly and we have never had a single mention of the oven being unsafe.

Your check-out being Sunday morning we were of course preoccupied to come out to the house (again) last minute for you to go over non-urgent matters.

One of your guests left a dress behind at the property our cleaners picked this up the next day and we happily stored the dress for her until she came and collected it. When she did we happened to chat to her about her stay and she had nothing but nice positive things to say about her time there and did not elude to any of the problems you have mentioned. Perhaps this is a matter of personal perception as your guest and the vast amount of guests we have had stay in our home in the past have had nothing but positive feedback to give.

We felt that as these issues you raised were either rectified immediately or in no way serious or trip affecting that the refund offer we gave you was somewhat generous and you did in fact accept the £100 (not £50) refund we gave you.

I would like to reiterate that although we may disagree on some of the issue mentioned, we have made sure that going forward we are even tighter on our standards as a result so thank you for your words. We hope that despite your perceived grievances with the property, that the rest of your guests had an enjoyable stay as we are sure at least one of them did
Linda S
“Perfect for a group of friends”
Reviewed 25 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Everything we needed for a short break. Good location, clean and spacious. Lovely park on the doorstep.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Reviewed 13 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing