Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$84
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

The Rest(Lincoln)
US$103
US$99
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$157
US$120
US$98
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$143
US$77
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

Premier Inn Lincoln (Canwick) Hotel(Canwick)(Great Value!)
US$83
PremierInn.com
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfour posterlovely conservatoryfriendly hotellovely dogfresh fruittwo seaterten minute walksmall bathroomcooked breakfastwet roomstay there againquiet locationreceived a warm welcomevisit lincolncomfortable bedsingle roomlast minute booking
Reviewed 12 February 2018

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago and thought it was very nice! Location wise, it's very close to the cathedral and castle, and a ten minute walk down the hill into the town centre.

The common parts are rather tired, and in need of an upgrade, but our room looked freshly refurbished and was very clean. Plenty of tea and coffee, good sized, comfortable bed, complimentary toiletries and a large TV.

We didn't make use of the parking as we read on here there was a charge, however there is plenty of parking on the road right outside for free.

The breakfast is really lovely! Fresh cafetiere coffee, home cooked full English (or healthier options), fresh fruit, yoghurts, toast, all included in the room price. Breakfast is served in the conservatory which has views over the arboretum. I bet it's lovely there in the summer.

Unfortunately on the occasion we visited the bar wasn't open and it would have been nice to make use of all the facilities and have a drink in the conservatory. This didn't detract from the overall stay though.

If ever we are in the area we would definitely stay there again, if only for the breakfast!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissGLondon82
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Just came back from a wonderful weekend in lincoln staying at the hillcrest. We actually had a lovely room, large bed with lots of pillows and very comfortable. It was a good size and overlooked the park. Had tea and coffee in the room ,and asked for some more which can within minutes by the manager, who we found very polite and friendly.
We parked our car in the car park for free and even after checkout on Sunday could leave it there till we left at 4.
I have no complaints , room warm, clean, shower fine, large bed, sofa.
It's only a five minute walk to cathedral and castle so good location as it's really quiet at night.
I would happily go back there, we paid £79 and think that was fair with breakfast , which is cooked freshly for you.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janinaCannock
Amanda K, Manager at Hillcrest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you very much! We are very pleased you had a nice stay and look forward to welcoming you back again. We always offer the best rooms, rates & free car parking to direct reservations as yourself, and at present we are refurbishing some rooms so maybe you can try a Superior room when you return.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

STAY CLEAR ... rude management which seems the owner of the hotel doesn't take kindly to any negative feedback on their hotel. I simply sent an email to them expressing concerns on the room such as an unstable bed which moved vigorously with any slight movement, stains and hairs on the bed sheets,stains on the carpet etc... my reply was I should have raised this issue at the time as the had apparently given us a complimentary upgrade to a 4 posted bed room as I had made them aware prior to our stay we were celebrating recently getting engaged. My answer to this is... if that was an upgrade what would the solution to the problem have been if that was the best room on offer. We stayed in room 10 costing £165 for 1 night during the Xmas market recently. It seems complaints about the stains on the bedding and carpet have been raised in this room before and nothing has changed. The reply I received from a private email to the hotel was far from professional and in all honesty disgusting in my opinion. I have never known a professional establishment respond in such an aggressive way.... We cancelled a cheaper room at a different hotel to book this one and paying almost double expected a good night away bit what we got was far from that. 1 very unhappy customer. Not only this was told we were allowed an early check in. However when we got there yes we were told we could check in but it was likely the room wouldn't be ready and was told if there wasn't a car parking space them we would have to park on the street. But it states on booking.com that parking doesn't need to be reserved. £170 for an unclean room and a sleepless night to which we were waiting at the reception doors at 7.30am to check out and didn't eat the breakfast we had paid for too.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Amanda K, Manager at Hillcrest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

I would like to advise we was expecting this review as at the end of your email you stated ''I will voice my concerns on social media and reviews if some sort of reasonable solution isn't sorted based on my complaint.''
and as we advised in our email direct to you the room was £165 per night on a bed & breakfast basis if booked via Booking.com as it was the Christmas Market, if you wanted to have a better rate it is best to book direct. I know you requested a better rate on your reservation form, but as you had already booked by Booking.com we are liable to pay commission on the tariff you selected, and so we are not able to offer any discounts, but as a gesture of goodwill on our behalf, as you informed us it was your engagement weekend we gave a complimentary upgrade & early check in.
Upon arrival we always advise all guests to contact Reception should they require any assistance, or have any issues, but obviously you did not contact Reception, just decided to send an email 4 days after departure.
In regards to you not eating breakfast, this was a decision made by yourselves.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on a weekend trip to the town centre. It’s around 7 minutes walk to the cathedral but be prepared for the hills.

Parking is at a charge of £5 not free!
but free parking is available on the road.
Be sure to ask for ground floor rooms if you have issues with stairs as there are plenty.

Room was adequate however ,we did have quite few cobwebs on the ceiling blowing in the central heating breeze.
There had seemed to have been a leak through the ceiling upstairs at some point as paper was hanging off the wall and ceiling ... also shower had a lot of limes-scale round it , and mirrors were quite smeary. Also 2 if the bulbs weren’t working in the bathroom.
There is also no heating in bathroom so for us girls the toilet seat gets a little cold in December, and I did decline on a shower because it was rather cold in the bathroom.

One note also the sink was very high up in the bathroom. I am 5 foot and the sink is possibly 4 foot something so washing my face warm interesting as by time I bought the water to my face it had emptied down the sink... also made brushing my teeth interesting as well .also mirror in bathroom was so high up I couldn’t even see in it tiptoeing.
Also the positions of a two seater sofa by the window facing the wall was a little odd , maybe could consider an armchair so we could have sat down?

We paid over £100 for the room this little touches I feel would have made the difference as it’s s lot of money for us...however breakfast was good. And staff were polite

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vicki k
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We just stayed the one night whilst visiting our son at University. Located in a quiet part of Lincoln overlooking a great park and only 5-10 minutes walk from the Cathedral and the top of the Steep Hill. We took our Labrador dog with us and the place was ideal for us. It’s a big old building with lots of character with a friendly welcome. Room (1) was a decent size with comfortable bed and en-suite shower room. It’s not 5 star (actually 2 star but have stayed in worse 3 and 4 stars) but doesn’t pretend to be. We enjoyed our stay and will return several times I am sure over the next three years. Lincoln itself is an amazing place and well worth a visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple