Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Excellent Museum

Great to see the old vehicles especially KAL 579 which was a trip down memory lane can’t wait to... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
walsgrave69
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
via mobile
Good

This is a god place to go to, seeing all of the old vehicles and getting to ride them as well. Good... read more

Reviewed 5 November 2018
jacobe950
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Lincoln
from US$14.20
from US$36.40
from US$41.54
from US$62.80
More Info
All reviews free rides vintage vehicles various stages offering rides brings back memories nice collection well worth a visit trip down memory lane warm welcome small cafe interesting place interesting visit entry fee couple of hours workshop bikes jaguar
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

While on a camping holiday at Lincolnshire Lanes thought we would have a look at a few old buses, I served my time as a diesel fitter.I was impressed with the welcome we got and the cleanliness of the place.They have a good cross section of buses in various stages of restoration, they have a fire engine and many cars and a few motor bikes. A few of the men were working on the vehicles and what a friendly bunch they were,I could have stayed for hours but my partner not so keen. Well worth the £5, would I go again YES
Keep up the good work chaps and chapesses

Date of experience: June 2017
2  Thank Peter F
Reviewed 20 March 2017

We went on a free open day for attractions in Lincolnshire. I expect I would have paid anyway as it is a most interesting place. As others have said, you need to read the guide and tie that up with the exhibits. Unfortunately having read it again back home I realise that several items in the guide weren't on display and now I wonder why. It would obviously benefit from more money and more space, but given that these are always in short supply, I think the volunteers do wonders with what they have.

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank Welltravelled56
Reviewed 3 January 2017

This little museum has some very interesting exhibits, especially busses and trucks, but unfortunately space is limited and the vehicles are not very accessible. The lighting could also be improved.

Date of experience: November 2016
2  Thank Oliver M
Reviewed 10 November 2016

I visited this Museum last Sunday for one of their big running day events and i can honestly say that it has to be one of the best Transport events that anyone could wish to attend, although there are a couple of other Museum's who do hold events equally as good ? This Museum has some lovely Vehicles preserved there, along with a nice display of Memorabilia on its walls and in display cabinets etc...

The only downsides to this Museum are its toilets, as the Men's toilets are temporary ones located outside, with no running water to wash your hands afterwards ? The Museum's Bus Conductors were fantastic and made everyone feel very welcome, but the same i'm afraid could not be said for the many members of staff / volunteers who were at the Museum entrance when i first arrived and went just inside the door to pay my entrance fee ! They came across as not really wanting to talk to anyone and when they did acknowledge you, you felt like they were only half listening to what you were saying ? They really should take a leaf out of their Conductor's hat (as far as politeness and being welcoming is concerned !), as i weren't the only person it appears, who wasn't happy with the staff just inside the Museum entrance ! Politeness and a smile costs nothing and without us visitors taking the time and making the effort to visit the place and spend our money there, then where would the place be today hey ??? (Probably closing down !). I do wish the Museum every success, as it's a great place, but some people there definitely do need to learn some customer relation skills, to learn some manners and if possible, gain a sense of humour to, as if not, it could easily put people off ever visiting there again and i'd sincerely hate for that to ever happen ?

Date of experience: November 2016
3  Thank COVENTRY-TRANSPORT
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Although this attraction was closed on the day we visited, the gentleman who was working there showed us around. So many vintage buses, cars, bikes, motor bikes and more to see. Will definitely return in the summer.

Date of experience: October 2016