All reviews travel lodge service area petrol station download festival hot shower friendly reception short drive what it says on the tin overnight stop stayed here for nights would stay again room was clean excellent value for money good nights sleep family room business trip derelict
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Inside this a perfectly OK Travelodge. The problem is that it is a pain to locate and the car park is unlit. No problem in daylight, but getting out of your car on a rainy night is like stepping into a bottle of ink.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

I have delayed in writing this review because I have trying to raise a complaint with the Travelodge Customer Service team. When we arrived at this hotel it was dark. There is no lighting in the car park or the local vicinity. It is scary, intimidating and dangerous.

We had a fire alarm at 1.57am in the morning which was a false alarm but we had to evacuate to find that out. We left through our nearest fire escape (on the first floor) and were plunged into pitch black at the top of a flight of stairs. Fortunately we had our mobile phones to hand so could use our torches but if we hadn’t the path to safety was treacherous. Apart from being completely dark there are various trip hazards that need to be negotiated. I feel that this is a serious issue that needs to be rectified with some urgency. I have raised the matter with the Travelodge team so do not need to have any further contact from them but I do feel that others customers should be aware this matter is still outstanding as I write.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Ben from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Leicester Markfield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

We are really sorry to hear of your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies as this does not reflect Travelodge standards.

We understand that you have been in contact with our customer services team who will ensure this is passed onto the management team at the hotel to be fixed.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Clean room bed and bath but communal areas could be better maintained. The area around the car park is filthy with litter. No excuse. Awful. Needs cleaned up. There’s an empty unit adjacent but that shouldn’t make a difference to keeping the environs litter free.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 3 October 2018

This is a great place with good prices. We only stayed one night but room very clean, beds comfy and pillows too. Lovely fluffy towels and very helpful staff. Only down side there was no where onsite for food but we were given a list of local places to eat. You can buy a quick cereal breakfast and fresh milk from reception but we took our own and bought milk from the garage/spar supermarket next to the hotel. Plenty of tea/coffee for you room also, help yourself to extras at reception. Would definately use here again

Room tip: Our room on the first floor was great and so quiet
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

The only reason this place is 2 stars is because of the good customer service and how quickly the room heated up on a cold night! The room itself was dirty, dusty, mouldy ceilings in bathroom. My husband put some clothes on the shelves and in the morning when he went to put them in the suitcase they were covered in dust! The carpet on the floor was covered in dust and bits of dirt, some places heavier than others. There was grime in corners of the bathroom floor. No probs with the power shower. I thought I got a good deal at £54 but now I feel like I've seriously overpaid! You could hear other occupants shouting in the hall way. There was key entry into the room rather than an electronic key which is what most hotels have nowadays. I have already told friends and family never to stay here! Couldn't wait to get the kids out especially seen as one of them has allergies and eczema. Spend your money anywhere but here!

Trip type: Travelled with family