“Cafe not great but shop great!”

Wyevale Garden Centre
Ranked #70 of 124 things to do in Leicester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We came here for afternoon tea. It was average. We had a few people in our party who were vegetarian and they bought the veg and meat sandwiches out together on the same holder. Service was very slow. Food was ok.

On a positive note. The garden centre was great. Sold everything!

All reviews
"fab"
"shop"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Woodlands is one the closest garden centres to us and we always enjoy going to have a look around at Christmas time as the displays are lovely.

A nice selection of items to buy and the pet shop contained within is fab.

My main issue lies with the cafe. It is very overpriced for what it is and truthfully the meals are very average. I’ve tried the cafe a few different times now and honestly haven’t had a fantastic experience. The food that is already precooked ie lasagnes look burned and anything made to order takes a very long time to come out which is frustrating for smaller children who are hungry.

Although I’m sure we will visit the garden centre again it’s very unlikely I’ll purchase anything from the cafe again

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for a lunch and were not overly impressed. I felt the lunch was poor value to be honest. The total was £21.40 and my fiancé’s soup came out after I had finished my dinner. I ordered the hunters chicken which was really dry. There was only a tiny amount of cheese with the potato and the staff were super busy and ran out of knifes.

That’s the negatives. The positives are the garden center is very good! I am a big fan of the selection of items here and it’s just a shame the experience in the cafe with the food being fairly poor but quite a high price for lunch considering the poor quality.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

called in the small coffee shop instead of the cafateria, I feel it's more relaxed and not so noisy, friendly and very helpful staff, they did their best to satisfy my partner who has specific dietry requirements that, happily, were met, I'd recommend it every time...

1  Thank Dave H