Review Highlights
Grown so large

We remember this garden centre when it was just 2 small greenhouses now it is one of the largest in... read more

Reviewed 12 September 2018
pesue1
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
via mobile
Cafe overpriced!

Called here for a spot of lunch and a bit of shopping. While the garden centre and shops seem very... read more

Reviewed 23 August 2018
brackleyballet
Brackley, United Kingdom

All reviews plants shoes woodland shop fab
Reviewed 22 December 2017

The Wyevale, or Woodlands as it used to be known, garden centre has grown from a few sheds to a huge multi-purpose site over the last couple of decades. The garden centre itself has a great range of plants, garden equipment and furniture, and almost everything else garden-orientated. At this time of year, there are ranges of Christmas decorations, cards and assorted extras

Then there are the restaurant and coffee shop and several concessionary outlets including Peacocks, Cotton Traders, Pavers shoes and a small book shop. The farm shop supplies excellent meat, cheese, bread, cream cakes and more, Laithwaite's Wines have a corner and there's also a substantial range of kitchen and other home wares. I mustn't forget to mention the soft-play area, where kids can run around while parents enjoy a coffee.The whole centre is well laid out and the staff are universally great, always friendly and helpful.

Outside, and a real bonus, is the fruit and veg stall which never fails to please. Excellent produce and more really friendly service. Add to this the Lakelands and Edinburgh Woollen Mills shops and it's close to a perfect place to visit for shopping of all sorts or for browsing around. I wouldn't be without it.

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank John B
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Brilliant, food was excellent, staff really friendly, and price was very competitive, would definitely book again, also asked if wanted a pause before puddings, great service.

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank chijane
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Had afternoon tea for two with a Groupon voucher, £10 (normal price £8 each). Really lovely, fresh finger sandwich selection, huge home baked scone with jam and clotted cream, carrot cake, mini battenburg, viennese fingers. All home baked. Too much to eat, so we brought some home. Unlimited refills of tea or coffee. Then a wander around the garden centre which also has The Works, Edinburgh Woollen Mill and others. Absolutely lovely, we will definitely be back!

Date of experience: June 2017
2  Thank MerlinKaz
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Visited with friends who had a groupon voucher (afternoon tea for 4 for £19). Nice selection of sandwiches and cakes. Service was OK. Waited for a long time for refill of tea and coffee.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

We came here last weekend for a day out and we were not disappointed! There is a beautiful range of shops, we picked up lots of little presents for upcoming birthdays/valentines/mothers day which weren't massively expensive.

My little girl enjoyed the aquariums, it was her first time seeing real fish so that was lovely to watch!

We ate in the restaurant and while it was expensive, I wouldn't necessarily say it was overpriced! The queues and food stations were a little confusing - you seemed to only be able to order certain things at certain tills (there were 3 tills!) It may have just been a bit chaotic as it was very busy but it was a little disorganised! We were waiting for an age in the queue which was a shame but I appreciate that it was due to being so busy! My fish fingers sandwich appeared to be smeared with salad cream on one side of the bun, which I didn't realise until I'd eaten one half of it - I absolutely HATE salad cream, it makes me violently ill and I physically couldn't eat the rest of it so that was a huge disappointment! The cakes are refrigerated, I imagine for freshness, I understand there are guidelines for optimum food hygiene but ultimately, the cakes were cold and hard; another shame, but to me cake is cake so that wasn't really a huge problem!

We tried some massive, gorgeous meringues from the bakery counter and the lady serving us there was very friendly and had a good knowledge of her products which is always a brilliant thing to see! The lady on customer services was lovely and checked a number of prices for me that didn't have labels (I had to keep going back as we worked our way around the shop, which must have been tiresome for her but she was very gracious!) The young lad who served us at the till was a bit brisk to say the least (I didn't want to put certain items I was purchasing down on the muddy wet till area where someone in front of me had purchased plants, he seemed a little bewildered by it and came across a little hostile), but nothing that'll put me off returning!

All in all though, we had a really enjoyable day so we will absolutely return! (I'll just have to remember to specify no salad cream next time!)

Date of experience: February 2017