9,614 results
All reviews lakeside inn pancake house sports plaza village centre guest services parc market cafe rouge executive lodge seven pines new style woodland lodge hired bikes aqua sana sports bar winter wonderland pottery painting ten pin bowling all ages
Reviewed 2 May 2018

This was my first visit to WHinfell and also as a guest at CP (I worked for them years ago and visited Sherwood for the day a few times on my pass). Although I knew generally what to expect, the experience really was exceptional from start to finish - from the bizarre 'driving into a building' way of checking in, to staff attitudes, guest behaviour, cleanliness.... everything was pretty much perfect. While we were there we took advantage of the pool every day (including arrival and departure day) as well as Segways, Football Pool, Kayaking and Caving. Each was well organised and efficient and thoroughly fun.
The wristbands are a handy way to cope with lockers, room keys etc . I found that the Parc Market wasn't over priced at all, although we took our own food with us. We stayed in teh Lakeside Apartments and they were great - nicely appointed and very quiet.
My only gripe is that I can't afford to return any time soon - and that's a critisism of myself not CP, because I truly believe that you do get what you pay for here.

2  Thank mumidebba
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Took my 5 grandchildren here at easter for the 3rd year running. Although we had a fab time it is becoming so busy and overcrowded I think they should seriously consider whether building more lodges is the right thing to do. It is by no means a cheap holiday, but its exclusivity is being compromised. I doubt whether the price will come down but where ever you go it is heaving we will certainly be thinking twice.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 May 2018

There was a party of four adults and four children ages from 1,2,8 and 10. The activities were very good for all the ages. We stayed in a four bedroom lodge. The lodge had been cleaned and there were no complaints at all. We only ate out for lunch on the last day which was Monday. We only had beef burgers etc. The meal was expensive but they tend to be at these sort of places. All the children loved the pool and there were different sections for different ages. The area is lovely and not too spread out and very easy to find all the different activities dotted around. We would go again

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Travelled from Scotland, nice easy drive. Very busy on arrival at Whinfell, but booking in didn't take long and was very straightforward. You are given wrist bands which are used to open doors so no keys. Stayed in exclusive lodge which has allocated parking, otherwise you have to park your car in car parks elsewhere. Lodge was very good, made good use of the hot tub. There is also a steam room, shower and sauna, very spacious. However, carpets could do with replacing, as do the sofas. Comfortable beds, but surprised to see several stains on mattresses. Dishwasher terrible, had to handwash after cycles a few times. Frying pans are definitely not non stick. We shopped at Morrisons beforehand, the supermarket stocks essentials but obviously more expensive. Be aware, we took our own BBQ coals but could not use them. You have to buy trays with coals in them from supermarket. Plenty of activities but very expensive for what you get. It is a great place for families. Will probably visit again despite all of the above.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I'm writing this whilst at Centre Parcs, and I must report that I didn't need my alarm clock this first morning because the reversing alarms on several builder's vehicles did the job for me... at 7:55am! So much for listening to the birds in this tranquil forest location. It's now 8:54am, and I'm being serenaded by constant diesel engines from diggers, dumper trucks and the like, and I'm thinking that camping out by the M6 would be quieter. Needless to say, these added benefits were not declared to us when we clicked the Center Parcs booking button, and afterwards breakfast and an increase in blood sugar, we will be seeing what Centre Parcs have by way of an explanation

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Ian H
Chris_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Whinfell Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Really sorry to read that you have been disturbed by our project works. As you are on holiday at the moment, may I kindly request that you please contact our Guest Services Team on the village who will be happy to address your concerns.

Regards