All reviewsdeluxe roomlancaster canalgame pieovernight stopthe ground floorhigh standardyorkshire dalesgood sizeplenty of parkinglovely hotelfollowing morningen routelovely mealstayed here for one nighteasy accesssouth lakescooked breakfast
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Although I only stayed for one night, from start to finish I found this hotel perfect for my needs. All of the staff were friendly and efficient and made you feel welcome throughout my stay. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed as well as being spotlessly clean. The only minor issue was the delay in having my cooked breakfast served which took a lot longer than I expected, given that many others who arrived after my order had been taken were served ahead of me. I wasn't in any particular hurry so it was probably a one off. When it arrived, it was perfect with the sausages in particular very tasty indeed. If you are looking for a lovely country hotel with friendly staff, lovely rooms and good food, Crooklands should be on your shortlist

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Crooklands Hotel for 3 nights while attending a car show at the Westmorland Showground just across the road. We had one of the deluxe rooms which was beautifully clean, spacious and comfortable. Lovely bathroom with toiletries supplied and fantastic walk in rain shower. Plenty of hot water even though the hotel was full. Coffee, tea and biscuits replenished daily and a basket with further provisions available in the corridor just outside the room. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Restaurant was comfortable and relaxed. Service was very good and food was excellent. Plenty of choice and good value. Large car park and great location just a few minutes from the M6 and about half an hour or so away from Windermere. Pleasant outside courtyard where we took advantage of this weekend's lovely weather. All in all a great stay and we will return.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2018

We stayed in a deluxe room which was very nicely furnished and very comfortable. Lovely toiletries in the bathroom. Staff very friendly and helpful and the food was very good. I would recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Really nice hotel with very friendly staff who treat you more like a friend than just a guest and I mean that 100% in a good way.

Room was very clean, a good size and the bed was large and comfortable. We had our evening meal and breakfast at the hotel and both had a good choice of food with hearty portions, quality cooking and a good lively atmosphere.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for staying and the restaurant for eating.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2018

Had a lovely clean quiet room with ample space to work. Ate in the bar lovely meal with prompt service. All very reasonably priced. Good choice at breakfast. Large on site free car park. Very polite and efficient check in and out. Will definitely be staying again when on business in the area.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business