Crooklands Hotel
US$100
Official Site
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdeluxe roomgame pielancaster canalsunday carverylarge car parkovernight stophigh standardscampithe ground floorwedding partygood sizeyorkshire dalesplenty of parkingen routelovely hotelstayed here for one nighteasy access
Reviewed 11 April 2018

We have driven past many times, but today decided to try the lunch. I am pleased that we did. The front entrance is a little unimposing and leads into what looked liked a public bar, which does not give the best impression for those wanting the dining room. However friendly staff showed us to a pleasant, bright and clean dining room. The range of food on offer was very good and we chose a 2 course bistro lunch at £12.50 each. Our soup was excellent, and the main course most enjoyable. service was attentive and friendly. Yes, we would return when passing.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stampman26
Reviewed 11 April 2018

We attended a meeting here and enjoyed a lovely lunch here as there was 24 of us we received very good service very helpful friendly staff. Food was excellent. Would recommend the service and food you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank sueken62
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The hotel is clean and welcoming, but the main recommendation is for the evening meal. We had sweet and sour chicken which was not your ordinary dish but a delicious sauce and batter covering fresh chicken, and beef stroganoff - also delicious. The sweet and sour chicken was the best I've ever tasted - and that's saying something!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenifer2117
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel very clean and comfortable stay. Highly recommend a visit. Quiet location,breakfast was very good and value for money. Friendly helpful staff.
Close to the lakes. We took a nice walk along the canal in the morning.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I decided to meet my parents here at the hotel as it’s a half-way point between where we live. It was a first time visit and it turned out to be a last time visit. I had a well- behaved dog with me but the first thing I was greeted with was the sign in the door ‘No Dogs’. I have to say how surprised I was. This is after all, the Lake District; lots of walkers and visitors with dogs. So many places now are dog friendly, nevertheless, I left my dog in our car. When we went inside there were a few customers, just no staff in sight. I looked around and rang the bell several times but to no avail. No one appeared to help or serve us. After 5 minutes of waiting, we gave up and left. It was a little disappointing as the surroundings really did look very nice...with a wooden floor in the bar area; great for dogs, if only they were allowed. Fortunately there are plenty of other places in the locality that are dog friendly.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family