All reviews four poster bed travelzoo offer steam room and jacuzzi groupon deal evening meal buffet style lovely hotel set menu lamb birthday treat booked this hotel spa facilities plenty of parking one night stay room was clean and comfortable lake district a lovely stay
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I stayed one night at the Stonecross Manor Hotel as I was coming to attend the Lakes International Comic Art Festival.

I was warmly welcomed by the staff and they were very helpful and careful. As I was starving, I ate before going to my room and the food was really good (excellent pub-type food, really tasty!)

The bedroom was large and lovely decorated. Everything was really clean.

Breakfast was nicely prepared and a great variety of choice.

Lovely stay, I recommend and I will definitely come back!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Found a deal on groupon but when I contacted hotel all the groupon rooms were booked for the Saturdays we could go,so hotel offered a king size room on a BBEM basis and booked direct with them.
Yes the decor is a bit tired ,but location , pool and spa are great.
One big plus is the food , full marks to the chef as really good quality and has definitely sold us to book again.
Thanks to the staff for looking after us, room 206 sat 15th oct.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2016

This place seemed attractive on their web-site but the reality was different The bathroom sink and bath surrounds were covered with black mould , the breakfast room had a loose trip hazard carpet and the connecting door to the kitchen was black with footmarks where the waiters had pushed the door open kicked the door open There some compensations : the staff were friendly and breakfast was substantial but I,m glad I did not see the kitchen!

Room Tip: Don't go
1  Thank worbillyuk
Reviewed 11 October 2016

We recently returned from an overnight stay in the Stonecross Manor Hotel in Kendal which was for our anniversary.
We arrived mid-afternoon and the welcome was very friendly and we the information we received about the hotel was very informative.
We were shown to our room which was very clean and pleasant but on closer inspection was like other people have said a little tired and in need of a little decoration and TLC and later on in the night when we switched the lights on there was a bulb missing in the bathroom and a side bulb out on one of the bedside lamps but on the whole was very good and the very large bed was very comfortable.
We took advantage and used the hotels swimming pool which was very nice although the Jacuzzi was a little temperamental as the switch wouldn’t switch on at times but the steam room was good.
Because we were only there for 1 night we decided to eat in the restaurant and the food was very good and plentiful and we enjoyed what we ordered. Again the dining room looked tired and needed re decoration
The breakfast the following morning was also very good although we had to wait on several occasions for the food to be topped up as there were a lot of people staying overnight who all seemed to come for breakfast at the same time.
On the whole we enjoyed our stay the staff were excellent and very friendly and we were very close to most amenities

Reviewed 10 October 2016

Had weekend break at this hotel although rooms are a little tired the Service and food was first class by all staff.
Conner the young waiter in restaurant was so good at his job despite being very busy.

The wife and friends wife had full body massage with Jenny and said it was best they had.