2,088 results
All reviews greenhouse restaurant alexanders pub the main hotel executive room hotel grounds lovely grounds lovely hotel lake district pool and steam room hotel bar breakfast staff evening meal relaxing break leisure facilities high standard plenty of parking food was lovely
Reviewed 20 September 2018

4 night stay in this very pleasant hotel. Comfortable and well appointed room overlooking the gardens, the castle and the town of Kendal beyond. Good leisure facilities. Welcoming and highly professional staff. All meals were excellent. Would plan to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Ben M, General Manager at Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm glad your stay was such a memorable one. We hope to see you again soon, please check out our winter offers coming December - February.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel whilst attending a 5 day conference. I spent 4 nights in the hotel and, I have to say, it may well have been the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in!

The hotel is clearly very experienced at hosting conferences. Everything ran very smoothly and the staff were so helpful with technical errors.

The food was delicious and the staff in the restaurants were very friendly.

I think my favourite features of this hotel were the incredible views from the garden as well as the delicious free tea and biscuits that were restocked every day!

Thank you for a wonderful stay, Castle Green!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Many thanks for the 5/5 review.

We like to think we take the hassle out of organising and running a conference for you and I'm glad everything went so well. Great to learn you were able to get a comfortable night's sleep to set you up for the busy days too.

We hope to be able to welcome you back for another event or maybe just a leisure visit soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Comfortable room, helpful staff, absolutely fabulous a la carte dinner and great continental breakfast. Stay only let down by batch cooked English breakfast which was dry and overcooked by the time it had been under the lights for too long. Breakfast cooled to order would cure that but you would need more than one cook on duty so I suppose it's not going to happen! Otherwise, everything perfect.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank avdow

Many thanks for your review.

I'm pleased that overall you enjoyed your visit and as ever we will consider your recommendations for improvement. I hope we can welcome you back for a 5/5 perfect stay!

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Just returned from a 2 night stay here and we were most impressed. Room was fine, nice comfy bed, plenty of charge points for electricals. Pool and steam room were lovely, as appeared the gym although we didn't partake, it appeared to be very popular. Wherever we went, reception, Greenhouse restaurant, Alexanders restaurant, Pulse fitness area, staff were exceptional, friendly, helpful, makes such a pleasant change these days, they had all clearly been trained in customer relations and satisfaction

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your feedback.

I'm glad the staff shone for you, we really take pride in our customer service and in offering a friendly and attentive experience. I'm sure others will find your review useful when planning their next trip to the Lakes and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

This a fantastic hotel, really modern and friendly. Our room was newly renovated and the bed was very comfortable. The whole room and hotel was immaculate.
The hotel is also close to Kendal but we chose to eat at Alexander’s next to the hotel and this was very nice.
We paid extra for breakfast when booking and it’s well worth it. Excellent choice and professional service.
We will definitely be returning in the future but will probably upgrade or request a room with a view as we looked onto the car park.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this 5/5 review!

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. Like you say, the breakfast is well worth it and can be enjoyed at a discounted price if booked in advance.

We look forward to welcoming you back.