“Fantastic yoga facility for Kendal”

Proper Northern Yoga
Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Kendal
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Set in the Gateway to the lakes, Proper Northern Yoga is your one stop yoga spot while holidaying in Cumbria. We offer a range of pay as you go classes which are all bookable online. You can just turn up, no faff and we even have mats. You can check out our regular events, courses and upcoming workshops for something a little bit different. For the more adventurous we offer yoga trekking retreats to Nepal and even have our own mini wellness festival. We have been featured in OM Yoga magazine as one of their "fab 4" studios to visit!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

I have attended a lot of different yoga classes and PNY is one of the best. Classes are the perfect combination of energetic, relaxed and fun and class sizes are kept small for the personal approach. I attended classes throughout my pregnancy and Hannah was great at adapting poses for me and making sure I was working safely. I hope to be back again soon when baby allows it!
Thanks Hannah and the PNY team

ProperNorthernYoga, Owner at Proper Northern Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Aww this is lovely Sophie, thank you for taking the time to review. We have missed you whilst you've been away (although it is for an incredibly beautiful cause) and we are looking forward to seeing you back in class and meeting new little yogis!!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Since starting attending classes at proper northern yoga, yoga has become a staple of my week. There's a good variety of classes with different types of yoga. Good for all abilities. Hannah makes everyone who attends feel welcome regardless of ability and adds a lot of personality to each of her classes. Would recommend to anyone!

Thanks Charlotte, it's great that we are building such a regular and welcoming community and so happy that you are part of it. Your support this year has been incredible!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

I recently started sourcing yoga groups again after an injury because i wanted to improve my flexibility & core strength. After being inundated with choices i gave Hannah's classes with PNY a go. Best decision ever! Her instruction is informed, friendly, easy to follow and exactly what i was looking for. I now take 2/3 classes a week and no painkillers. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Thanks Zoe, this is so great to hear. So many people struggle with issues surrounding injuries and it can be a hard step to take to work towards it. We are so glad your practice is paying off and it is an absolute pleasure to have your bubbly loveliness in class. :)

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I have always done yoga ..but since starting with PNY in 2016 it has become literally a staple in my weekly routine.

Hannah is a wonderful yoga teacher, with a great personality and keeps it real, unlike other classes I have been to in the past.

Proper Northern Yoga is my happy place - keeps me from suffering any back pain and also keeps me grounded!

You're definitely a staple in our routine too Gemma. From drafty hall to bespoke studio space, you've supported us from the start and for that we will forever be grateful. Thank you so much for...well... just being you!

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Starting Proper Northern Yoga has literally changed my life ! Hannah makes everyone attending one of her classes feel welcome, and makes yoga accessible and fun. From being a complete yogaphobe a year ago, I now do a class twice a week, every week. Yoga has helped me in different ways, not just physically with much improved flexibility, but mentally too. Going to one of Hannah's classes is just pure joy ! Thanks for everything, Hannah. You're a star !

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you so much, although I have to point out the real stars are you guys for turning up each week and enduring my bad jokes and random singalongs. It has been incredible to see the effect of yoga on people's lives and we hope to be able to offer our services for a long time yet.