Excellent communication and friendly service. Accommodation was lovely and comfortable with everything we needed. Location was great with easy access to Canterbury, Sandwich and the Kent coast.
It was lovely to have outdoor space and we even managed to sit outside on the odd occasion! All in all an excellent stay and we would love to stay again in the future.
I have no hesitation in recommending Canterbury Cottages. The cottage is delightful, immaculately clean, the garden beautiful and the hosts exceptionally friendly and efficient. I look forward to our next stay there.
We had a very good week. There were lots of things supplied that are not usually supplied in self-catering. The table and chairs outside were welcome as our week was hot and dry. The walk-in shower worked well.
Anne and Rob have set up the perfect cottage for a couple who just need a getaway.
The size of the cottage, the provisions, the ambiance - nothing could be faulted. Anne has clearly put thought to what the needs would be and ensured all the things were provided.
Thank you Anne for making our stay there during our first anniversary so lovely and memorable and I look forward to making another trip again and staying at one of your beautiful cottages!
Loved The Gardener's Cottage. It totally exceeded expectations. The grounds and the property are so well kept and the cottage has everything you could need - it is so well stocked. It was a lovely touch that we were greeted with a little hamper of essentials like bread, eggs, milk as well as some wine and biscuits. The place was immaculate.
Anne was a great host. There if we needed anything but let us be the rest of the time.
- The kitchen was well stocked with everything (utensils, cookware, cutlery, dishwasher etc) you'd need for a stay
- The cottage is perfect for two people - cosy
- Great shower.
- Lovely terrace at the back with garden furniture - a sun trap during the day
- Comfortable bed
- Cosy living area
- Plenty of storage - wardrobe and drawers and could store cases under the bed.
- A 3 minute walk to an organic farmers market which has everything you'd need - local meats, fruits and veg and other groceries.
- the cottage is quiet
- It's a great base to explore the area. It's less than a five minute drive to the gorgeous village of Wingham, a 15 minute drive to Canterbury and is around a 30 minute drive to lovely coastal villages like Sandwich, Deal, Dover and Whitstable
The con's (not big things at all)
- the living, dining and bedroom area is all in the one area so if somebody wants to go to bed and somebody wants to stay up watching TV this could be a problem. Although I had ear plugs and it worked out perfect (and it's no different to staying in a hotel room - actually it's better as there's a wall dividing the room so the bed is a little away from the living area).
- the rental is by the week. I can understand why the rental is for a week but it would be great to have the option of a long weekend etc.
If I was travelling to that region again I would love to stay in the cottage again.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|