“Excellent!!!”

Price range: US$30 - US$41
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Veer Dhara invites you to participate in an authentic translation of Indian Cuisine. Our menus are based on the highest quality produce and seasonal ingredients, from all corners of India, brought to you with traditional flavours, the origins of which can be traced back to the aristocratic houses of India. Our Chefs have endeavoured throughout, to remain faithful to the historic origin of each regional dish recreating flavours originally associated with traditional home-cooked food. We are fully equipped to serve St. Albans and the public at large, with our exciting and varied range of dishes, prepared with unrivalled supreme culinary excellence, and served in stylish, elegant and stunning surroundings.The concept of the Veer Dhara was the brainchild of an ambitious and visionary entrepreneur, named Surinder Singh who is based in Central India. His objective was to present a new, different and exciting way to appreciate Indian food, and to demonstrate that excellence, diversity, tradition and affordability can all go hand in hand, and combine to give you an experience different to anything you have known so far.
Reviewed 11 September 2018

We have eaten here twice recently and on both occasions it was a excellent experience. Great friendly service, nice busy atmosphere and above all excellent freshly prepared tasty food. Definitely the best Indian restaurant around locally, I’ve just made my next booking!
Highly recommend.

1  Thank thirtyHerts

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

I went here with my god friend for a light lunch The good was great and very authentic the atmosphere was good I think they could have had more variety for Vegetarians but it was nice.

Would definitely go back

Reviewed 10 September 2018

four of us decided to try Veer Dhasa based various friends positive reports and generally good reviews on Trip Advisor. It positions itself as a better than standard Indian sub-continent restaurants and the prices reflect this. A main course is at least 20% more than similar locations.
However, despite us all looking forward to the night, we came away disappointed.
It was a very busy Saturday night and the service was very slow. We complained afterwards but the manager said they had two big parties in and this was the reason. I accept that a place can be a little overwhelmed sometimes but why not say this at the start or even during the meal. A busy restaurant is actually a good sign in most cases.
All our dishes arrived at different times, every time we wanted to order or request for more beer etc. we really had to "catch" a waiter.
In terms of the food, the Sheek Kebab tasted more like Bernard Matthews Turkey roll kebab and needed to be rescued with mango source to have a modicum of flavour.
The Chicken Kendai was just about reasonable but no different from other places. Two of us had the Kendai with additional confirmation of the low quality the next morning when fortunately at home.
The only bright spot was the poppadums mango sauce and yoghurt was good.
I feel it is all mouth and no trousers as it is all show to justify charging more. A classic example was the hand dryer in the gents was missing a part of the plastic cover. I do not think it went missing that day. The fact that the cover was missing shows a lack of attention to detail and attention to detail is the concept the Veer Dhara is promoting.
Fortunately I will not need to be suffering for my art anymore at the Veer Dhara as will not go again.
I feel they also look at some soft furnishings to dampen the noise as it is an open room and noise just bounces around.

DSHora, Owner at Veer Dhara One, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Martin,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed feedback regarding your recent visit at Veer Dhara, St. Albans.

We endeavour to maintain the highest standards and take complaints very seriously.
It is abundantly clear that the quality of food and service has fallen short of the usual high standards that we give to all of our guests, and indeed pride ourselves on.

The missing part/ tray in the hand dryer was taken off just for the day as it wasn't functioning properly and was repaired the following day.

I would like the opportunity to make this up to you and bring you back for a meal. Please contact me on dh@veerdhara.com to arrange this for you. This will give us the opportunity to demonstrate that the events you have described are highly unusual and we would be delighted to give you an evening to remember for the right reasons.

In the interim, please accept my sincere apology for the unsatisfactory experience.

Regards,
D Hora

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

As an Indian person going to an Indian restaurant this was an excellent choice. On this occasion Saffron served us - smiling, friendly & generous.
In the past bald-headed gentleman overseeing the seating took great care of us. Food is as close to north Indian food as you can get. Thoroughly recommend this place!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

The Service was great, with very friendly, professional and polite staff on duty who knew everything on the menu. The food was absolutely delicious. It is simply fantastic to taste typical Indian cuisine.
Twelve of us went for a Vegetarian dinner. The other girls knew of the place - for me it was a first. Though I am a non-veg, I was very very happy that I had only vegetarian food and happy to say I never missed not having meat. A Big Thank You for the wonderful food.

1  Thank Tanner250