“Spot on steaks ”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you are looking for a steak in St Albans I can recommend this place.
It’s not cheap but the meat is excellent, as is the service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In my opinion, everything about Prime is fantastic. It's primarily a steak house and the steaks are really good - on par with the best I've had in London and elsewhere. But while steak is the star of the show, the rest of the menu doesn't fall behind. The starters are excellent (the scallops and the deep-fried brie in particular) and the crème brûlée for dessert is one of the best I've found.

Having worked my way through most of the steaks on the menu, my personal choice now is always the fillet, but the rump is a close second and the sharing options are always good!

The bar is also excellent so if you arrive a little early for your reservation I'd highly recommend sitting with a cocktail before you head over to your table.

There's a good wine list, and a handy tip is to visit on a Monday when they do a "bring your own" night, with no corkage fee.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been there twice for family meals both times I could not fault the service or the quality of food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is by far the best steakhouse I have been to that is local to me, went for a meal with my girlfriend for an anniversary, lovely welcome and staff were friendly throughout, for starter we both had Salt and Pepper baby squid which was amazing! for main I had Sirloin which was done perfectly.

However...

I feel our waiter was over friendly, I personally don't like being checked up on multiple times whilst eating but that's just me!

Also pricing wise this wasn't too dissimilar to Cecconi's in London, where I feel the atmosphere and overall experience was better value for money.

If you are local would 100% recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

MY favorite are the superb thick steaks. Also, they have numerous starters. It's hard to choose. Nice variety of deserts. Monday evenings you can bring your own wine without charge. In nice weather, you can sit outside.