All reviews leisure facilities minute drive plenty of parking superior room marquee oak watford st luke sauna motorway venue
Reviewed 9 May 2016

Stayed here for a night whilst working in the area.
The room was a decent size and the bed was comfortable. all the usual amenities you'd expect.
On site parking with a valet cleaning service too (at additional cost obviously)
Nice breakfast with a wide variety of things to choose from and a separate coffee bar.

Good sports bar/pub on site which showed the football which is good for the solo business traveller. have to say that the portion size versus cost is not good value for money. £24 for a steak and chips is a bit expensive considering the portion size.

Decent enough gym, the equipment is a little old and one treadmill was broke but to be fair it's spot on for an overnight so no complaints. Nice pool and sauna, however that men's changing rooms need renovating badly, in particular the shower area, this needs a renovating badly.

Overall a good stay, would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
BobBowry, General Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2016

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your very detailed review. I found it to be most constructive and will use the detail to ensure we improve as a result.
I am really pleased you found there were a lot of positives in the hotel and just to reassure you the gym is going to be part of the refurb which we are just waiting for the details on so hopefully when you come back, there will either be a confirmed date of the refurb or the improvements will already have been made.

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night whilst visiting St Albans. I thought Mercure Hotels were a good standard but this is my second Mercure experience (the first being Paris) that I am less than impressed with. The hallway on our floor had a used cotton earbud on the floor, we saw empty bottles, and the bath tub was dirty which we didn't notice until the morning when we had to rush to shower and check out. When we told the hotel receptionist all he had to say was sorry about that. I felt dirty when I left and couldn't wait to get home to have a proper shower somewhere clean.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi Seema,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I can only apologise that the standards of cleaning were not up to speed for your visit. This is something we take really seriously and pride ourselves on so to feel we have let you down in this area makes us more determined to ensure we improve which I am sure we will.
The head housekeeper has been here for over 8 years now and will ensure this feedback is communicated to the team, we take the learning from it and bounce back stronger for the future.
I am only sorry this had a negative impact on your stay.

Reviewed 7 May 2016

great roomy rooms with fantastic shower,lovely leisure facilitys,great breakfast with huge choice and good bar with a great pint of guiness and sport to watch with fantastic food.all the staff from reception right the way through the hotel are great ,cheerful and friendly.when you get back from a long day at work the welcoming staff in the bar really cheer you up.been a great 4 weeks stopping here.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank sterugrat

Thank you for your lovely review. It is very much appreciated and the fact it covers your 4 week stay means so much more as I guess it is a test of our consistency which I am hoping we have passed!
I will ensure I pass on your comments to the team as this will put a smile on their face and we hope to see you again soon.
Regards and best wishes

Reviewed 7 May 2016

Well situated on a main traffic island just outside St Albans, this hotel was perfectly situated for our two day visit to St Albans. We had booked it three months in advance through the web and the helpful, pleasant and professional receptionist found our booking immediately.

The only room that was ready was on the first floor ( no lift ) which we accepted as we wanted to get on with our visit.So,we took our cases up the narrow stairs, turn right, right again, along the corridor, down some stairs,turn left, along the corridor and we were there.

The room was smallish but adequate with a narrow 1.4m wide bed, the smallest that we have encountered in a hotel, but it was very comfortable. We were surprised to find a freestanding fan in one corner and a roll around electric oil radiator next to the TV. I guess that the hotel was due for renovations, and this was confirmed when we saw the cracked( not chipped) sink. The shower tap was so stiff that my partner couldn't turn it on, and the surround was broken here too.

We don't go on vacation to watch TV, but the picture quality on the room TV can only be described as lousy. If you provide a service,it should be good,or at least adequate.

Everything else was great. The free WiFi was fast, towels were soft, bathroom shampoo,soap and shower gel was good, the room was quiet,free parking was fine.

I guess that it just shows how expectations in the hotel business have moved on in that we felt that we would have had a better room at the Premier Inn in town for the same money.

Room Tip: Ask if the rooms have been renovated before accepting. It's not easy to change. Maybe the ground floor is better ?
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Semoi

Hi Semoi,

thank you for your very detailed feedback. I found the detail very constructive and will use the comments made to ensure we improve as a result.
The positive comments are very much appreciated and with regards to the areas of improvement, we can only apologise that you were given a room that was not up to our usual standards.
The sink, tap and TV signal issues have now been resolved. I am only sorry this was not the case when you arrived.
Thank you again for writing your review.
Bob

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Had a great time at the Noke..the leisure facilities were excellent, good food and Alex, Jess and becki provided a really friendly service in the bar all of them were very helpful with local recommendations and would definitely come back again

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Hi Ryan,
Thank you for taking the time out to write such a lovely review, your feedback is very much appreciated - especially regarding the staff and quality of food.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Bob