“Avoid...slow...slow....slow.....what service?”

Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We hadn't been to this pub for years....and some friends had told us that the (veggie) pizzas were good...were in Ledbury...so went along. Big mistake. A few people eating...a gent standing patiently at the bar..we waited...waited and watched. The lady behind the bar...was...just hopeless. Trying hard, I think...but truly clueless. We decided on our pizzas...I went to the loo and my husband had STILL not even got our drinks!..we had chosen a table, but were informed that we couldn't use it..."in case a larger party came in",,we were seated at a rickety table, close to the pizza oven. In short...the pizzas were 'ok'...very, very greasy...and maybe cheap cheese because I drank about 8 glasses of water after reaching home. The bar 'person' preceded to faff about with everyone that came in after us. Young guy 'waiting'..hung over the bar...looking at his phone and texting most of the time. What a dive!...our bill for 2 pizzas, one beer and one glass of 'ok' wine was nearly £30...never, ever again. The table that we were told we couldn't occupy was subsequently used by...two ladies!....forget it...save your money...and go somewhere else...anywhere else!.....

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Popped in for lunch.
Nice spot.
Had the burger which was tasty but the bun was cold.
Chips were very nice though.
There was zero service. Barman did as little as possible.
The lad delivering the food was industrious and pleasant tho.
Overall a poor experience that could easily be much improved if there was the will.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

I stopped in Ledbury for a late afternoon (4pm-ish) for a bite to eat with my partner on our way back to Andover from Newtown, Mid-Wales.

There were a few others in the bar, and one other table of 4 eating. I asked about tea, and this was not welcomed. However when it did arrive, it was well presented with extra hot water, a little jug of milk, cups and saucers.

I ordered a chicken and bacon salad, and my partner had a super vegetarian pizza. The pizza looked lovely, but was served on top of grease proof paper. The outside of the pizza was well cooked, the middle was very soggy, which with the grease-proof paper was challenging to eat.

My salad had at least a third of old brown salad leaves, it contained a slice of black olive, which tells me either the container the salad was stored in had been used for something else and not cleaned or worse, the food handling person's hands hadn't been washed between different food preparation tasks. It gets better........the chicken and bacon were probably pre-cooked, and (hopefully kept in chilled storage) with view to reheating as required. Unfortunately most of it was cold. To top this off I found a hair in the food.

Our table was by the bar and at no point we were asked about our meals. On paying, the bill, we were still not asked about our meals at which point I decided that they just didn't care albeit the plates could be easily viewed.

It is all too common that the last few customers at the end of a service period are unfortunately seen a nuisance. However this will only impact on the business's reputation.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here three times over the last year. Service is good and the beer is ok, but the pizzas are great. We have only visited at lunchtime, and perhaps that is why we have never experienced the problems mentioned with other reviewers. We’ll certainly go back next time we’re in Ledbury.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

We went here for lunch as a party of four. There were pizzas, the usual sort of bar food and “tapas”.

Two of us had pizzas, which weren’t too bad although very greasy.

One person ordered a burger, which was served with a very stale bun and prepacked mixed salad leaves. The salad leaves appeared to have come from a packet opened some days ago.

As for the tapas, they were swimming in grease.

We were very disappointed as we’d has a good lunch here two years ago. We concluded that the place was probably under new management. We won’t eat there again.