“Utterly delightful”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
bridiegar...
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Nothing but a let down!”
Reviewed 5 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

If I could give no stars I certainly would. Not only did I have one issue with this property; I had two! When I went to book through Mark (owner) in October 2017, I was sent an email with the payment details, requesting that I pay the full amount to secure my booking. I felt quite pushed to pay the full amount at once and did not feel particularly comfortable with it. I therefore contacted Mark via phone to discuss this with him. Mark informed me that it was not him communicating with me via email and in fact it was someone who has hacked into his account. He said “this has happened before” with no real concern in his voice, or appreciation that I had raised it with him. Bit odd if you ask me?

Anyway, due to how uncomfortable I felt I wanted to ensure my booking and money I was going to spend was secure. I therefore booked through Kate and Toms. Thank the lord I done this as this whole situation was only going to get worse...

4 weeks before I was due to travel with 24 guests, Mark (owner) contacted Kate and Toms to advise there was an issue with his booking system and he had double booked on the dates we were due to travel. This was extremely surprising as when I spoke to him in October he checked the diary and confirmed the dates were available. Very very odd!!!

Mark text me suggesting serveral other properties, however none were suitable due to them all being booked up! He then passed it back to Kate and Toms stating they would sort it! Luckily Kate and Toms did sort an alternative off their own back and fronted all the costs to ensure we could stay elsewhere! My understanding is that Mark did not cover all the costs we were faced with and Kate and Toms done this instead, despite this whole situation being his fault.

If you are going to book this property, do NOT go directly through the owner as you WILL be let down or very disappointed. This was supposed to be an exciting surprise for my partners 30th but it was everything but that until Kate and Toms saved the day.

My advise would be; stick with Kate and Toms - you will not be let down and you will receive the best possible service.

8 Mar 2018
Dear Bridie,
I have apologised numerous times to you about the situation which I have taken full responsibility for and can completely understand your frustration and anger. Due to malware on my computer we had a major issue and lost all files which created the problem. I turned to my agent kate and toms who you booked through for support in solving the situation, having spoken to them they felt they could solve the issue which they did in a professional manner, We compensated you over £3,000 to make sure you where not out of pocket in any way and we wanted to make sure you had a property of equal standing ,
As you can see from my ratings we offer the highest level of service to are clients who deal directly with me or through my agents and have thoroughly enjoyed there stay.
jayteesco...
London, United Kingdom
“Utterly delightful”
Reviewed 25 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

We booked the whole venue (all 3 barns and swimming pool) for my wife's 40th weekend for a group of 24 friends, and had the most amazing time. It was perfect, with cosy log fires, top-notch kitchen facilties, and a pool straight out of a 5-star spa. The location is also stunning, you can walk in any direction and find marvellous views and quaint pubs. The owners are so helpful and have really taken a lot of care to create a dream home. We didn't want to leave!

27 Jan 2018
Thanks so much,hopefully you will come back for your 50th's! Thanks mark
Amanda200...
Derby, United Kingdom
“Stunning”
Reviewed 30 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

High end luxury accommodation, set in acres of land with wonderful views, sumptuous beds, waterfall showers with st kitts shower gel, soap, cosy settees in front of log fire great for families and or friend gatherings. The pool is wonderful and warm with changing rooms and shower facilities and large windows for stunning views whilst swimming and sun trap area with wicker lounges.

Large kitchen with equipment.

Only negatives- Could do with bigger frying pan and oven took some time to get going. More mirrors in each bedroom for hair /makeup.

Dog friendly

Great walks nearby

Highly recommended

2 Nov 2017
Thanks very much for your feedback and your comments have been noted,

thanks
mark
Louhip123
“Incredible venue for a friends & family luxury get away!”
Reviewed 20 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I honestly cannot speak highly enough about Fairoaks - the location, the barns themselves, the pool and the host! Every little details has been thought out perfectly.

My husband and I hired all 4 Fairoaks barns over the August bank holiday this year. This place is incredible, we were lucky enough to have our wedding reception here on the Saturday, by hiring a Marquee to go on the grounds. The whole bridal party stopped in the barns from the Friday to the Monday. A wedding is always a nice event, but the guests that stayed the weekend, did not stop raving about the Fairoaks venue. You have everything you need for ultimate luxury and a fun filled relaxing, weekend.

THE BARNS: The décor is outstanding, attention to detail is beautiful and the quality really shows. They are spacious and glamorous yet practical. It really is 5* plus accommodation. The beds and pillows are SO comfy and rooms have black out blinds which really helped me sleep! I rarely sleep well at hotels but like a log here. We rented in the summer, but would love a winter retreat because the log burners look wonderful! Each barn is subtlety styled after a place in the world, such detail!

SWIMMING POOL AND DINING ROOM: When 24 of your friends and family come together a pool is the most fun you can have! We couldn’t get the guys out of there! Again, beautiful quality and a large pool. Next to the swimming pool, there is dining room for 24 so you can all meet and have meals together! Perfectly equipped and gorgeous lighting at night.

OUTSIDE AREAS & EQUIPMENT: The views at this place are pure heaven. Fairoaks has deluxe seating areas and sun loungers, which many of us nodded off on. We had great fun playing a big game of rounder’s in field and an archery challenge, between dipping in the pool, sun bathing and eating!
You’ve got BBQ equipment, outside chairs and tables and every night we lit the fire pits. Nothing connects you to the country side like sitting at night round a fire pit . On our last night we had the best views of starry skies, you could actually see the outline of the Milky Way. It really was the cherry on top of the weekend.

THE OWNER: Mark has gone absolutely above and beyond, obviously planning a wedding at a self-catering accommodation- I had a lot of questions and time needed from him and every step of the way he has been helpful, great with communication and most importantly genuine and kind. An example; on our wedding day he drove us from field to field on the back on his range rover to save me walking in my dress! Terry was a massive help leading up to the day too.

I truly could not fault a thing!! Thank you so much Fairoaks, we hope to be back soon!

Julien D
“Fantastic team weekend offsite”
Reviewed 12 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I can't thank Mark and his team enough for the warm welcome and wonderful stay we've had this weekend. Everything was perfect: the location is gorgeous, the accommodations beautiful, spacious and comfortable, and the pool was loads of fun. Everyone on our team enjoyed their stay and we'll definitely be coming back!

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing