4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$104
Trip.comUS$104
eDreamsUS$104
2,270 results
All reviews separate toilet police station executive room pancake machine swimming pool car park retail park cruise terminal sofa bed good size shopping centre per day mayflower theatre reception area stayed for one night breakfast was excellent night's sleep
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2021

This is a perfect hotel for a weekend getaway in Lovely place with all surroundings. Nice and clean place very friendly reception staff probably need to advise restaurant staff to smile & greet customer in right manner. I wish washing basin and toilet in one room.
Overall, we had a great experience with Novotel as always.

Date of stay: August 2021
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 22 August 2021

Don't hesitate to book this hotel...if you can do without aircon, if you like walking on terribly stained carpets, if you like to struggle for a carpark parking spot every night because it is full, if you like to be kept awake all night listening to the banging of the docks, if you like to queue for a breakfast table whilst watching harassed staff (obviously understaffed) struggling to cope, if you like to queue EVERY morning for a table, if you want to wait 15 minutes for the bowls to be brought out for cereal, if you want to serve food on your plate and then have to wait 20 minutes for bacon and scrambled egg, if you want to (after a long busy day out) arrive back at your room only to find that the keys no longer work so you go down to reception ONLY TO HAVE TO QUEUE BEHIND EVERYONE CHECKING IN in order that your key can be "re-magnitised, if you want the "key problem" to occur more than once during your stay and for staff to tell you this is "a regular occurrence", if you want to sit in a bar of a night on chairs where children have had their bare feet during breakfast, if you want to eat breakfast in a room where no cleaning of the chairs takes place (greasy marks on all chairs where children have sat) unless you ask them and where tables all around you are stacked high with dirty plates and dishes. If you don't mind any of the above, book now without delay and have the break of a lifetime. Me? I am left shaking my head asking myself how I could have been such an idiot and fallen for glossy pictures on the website. One shining light? Yes, Danesh on reception...but I doubt he will be there long... Four stars? Never in a lifetime. Kept going by all the mugs (like me) that book and say to themselves: "It's a Novatel; it must be good...."

2  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

Hot and uncomfy rooms. Very tired decor. Expensive parking. Reception staff uninterested.
Bed was quite comfortable. Bathrooms ok but really could’ve done with another hoover as crumbs on floor when we arrived.
Not a mask on sight on other guests when in reception and moving around hotel.
Staff with masks around their chins.
Convenient for town centre and port.
We were pleased to leave. Not a patch on other Novotel hotels! Not sure what’s gone wrong here …

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2021

So I stayed for one night or was supposed to before getting the ferry to the iow for camping the next day. We were lucky in some respects as we managed to check in within 30 minutes of arriving. Some were not so lucky and the queue for checkin was huge. When arriving in our room it smelt very unpleasant. However, due to the queues at reception it would have been impossible to speak to anyone. So we decided (my two children and I) to go for a swim. However, we had to wait with two other families for a long period of time to go in- and not because there were too many people. When we got into the pool (which is very small) we could barely see our feet due to the cloudy water- this I found quite alarming so we cut our swim short and returned to our room. The smell was even stronger now and we went to reception who called house keeping. Said housekeeping came in with some air freshener and said that the smell was probably VOMIT!!!!!! Making a swift exit from the room with my children I said there was no way we would be able to continue to stay in that room even if the air freshener was quite strong as the housekeeper claimed!!!
Eventually we were moved to another hotel as there were no rooms available. I declined the offer of two single beds seeing as there were three of us!
It really would have been easier and less stressful not to have stayed in a hotel before the iow- certainly cheaper.
They were very short staffed but all the staff had no sense of urgency and a stinking room is just unacceptable and extremely unhygienic if the smell was indeed vomit. It makes me question the covid deep clean that was claimed to have happened.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

The hotel is very dated and the pictures of the rooms aren’t very accurate. Our room was very hot and despite being sold as an upscale hotel there is no air conditioning so the rooms are boiling hot. For the price you expect a more luxury experience. Place needs a lot of care and attention. Service is mediocre and won’t be returning. I would recommend you look elsewhere. The hotel is close to the port but no views from the room and no good restaurants nearby. Stay in the city and cb fare to the port is £6 max.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TorontoGuyinUK