“homely, convenient holiday home”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Hallway
Something about Stairs!
Security!
Southsea Fireworks
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
mondie66
London, United Kingdom
“homely, convenient holiday home”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

First off, the pictures in the gallery are NOT the house we stayed in so that is a bit misleading. That said, the decor might have been different but it was just as good in its way. We only stayed a few days but immediately we arrived there it seemed so warm, homely and comfortable, like a real home-from-home. It was clean and tidy and the owners seemed to have made an effort for us in leaving a cake and stocking up the fridge.
The beds were comfortable and what I noticed was the high quality of the sheets, pillow cases and for the bathroom, towels and toilet paper. The living room had internet and sky channels that the kids were really happy with and the views were lovely to stand there and take pictures (fantastic light).
The bedrooms were on different floors and it was tedious the amount of flights to get to the top, so if you are infirm or disabled you are going to struggle with that. There were four bedrooms; kitchen and toilet were on the ground, on level two there was a living room and bedroom, on level two were two bedrooms and the bathroom with a final bedroom at the top of the house.
We thoroughly enjoyed staying there, although we didn't engage with the neighbours. They were obviously unfriendly but I think they have probably had enough of holidaymakers.
Thinking of other bad points, there was an evident smell from the sea, no DVD and no sponge or cream cleaner to properly clean the bathroom so that just goes to show that this house really was an excellent, virtually perfect place to stay for a few days.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: clean sheets
Liked least: solent stink
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
8 Dec 2015
Thank you very much for such a lovely review. We work hard to make sure our guests have a great time and enjoy their stay with us. Hope to see you again one day. It is so lovely when guests write such lovely reviews and stay longer or come back - makes my day thanks guys. Kindest Regards, Shena
Caffy20
London, United Kingdom
“Booking was cancelled by Owner 2 days before our stay”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

I booked this property for eight adults as it states it can be for up to ten. The day after my booking the owner, Shena, emailed to apologise that she had advertised it wrong and that it was for a max of two people. She the stated that she had another property, a four bed in Eastney that we could rent for an additional £70. I agreed and made arrangements to pay on arrival.

Then two days before we were due to check in I recieved an email from Shena stating that she had just realised that the house was already booked for that weekend.

As you can imagine I was upset as there was no other properties locally for eight people, she gave no alternative. Worst of all is that my fee i paid her was taken from my account and I couldnt then afford a deposit on something else and this has still not been returned to me, £79.50

This cost me her fee, plus travel tickets we have already purchased. More importantly a wonderful weekend we could have had is now ruined.

Very shocked and disappointed that someone can do this to such a large group with no notice and get away with keeping my money.

I would not recommend booking any property with Shena M unless you wish to lose money and a break away.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travellers are raving about these Portsmouth hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;