“Typical whetherspoon ”

Sir John Baker, Portsmouth - JD Wetherspoon
Ranked #14 of 57 Nightlife in Portsmouth
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Good pub, busy, but can always get a drink, staff are good, food is good, drinks are priced well.. Toilets are upstairs, but clean. Disabled toilet downstairs.

Sir_John_Baker_JDW, General Manager at Sir John Baker, Portsmouth - JD Wetherspoon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good afternoon, thank you very much for your review.
We always strive to do our best and I am glad we did so on this occasion.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Kind regards.
Sir John Baker.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

i do love a wetherspoon's i must admit. a nice, clean setting, always busy, staff tend to be cheerful and polite and the pricing is very reasonable for food and drinks and of course, this venue did not disappoint. Visited with a friend on a saturday afternoon, nice and busy, good atmosphere, we had a few bottles of wine, a steak meal each and it didnt break the bank. the food was nice, it was a bit cold however but that is my only criticism for our entire evening.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Had 2 x sirloin steak and fries and 1 sirloin steak salad with 3 rose water creek wine all A1 piping hot ! Fantastic ! 3 iced caramel frappes for desserts ! Super !

Sir_John_Baker_JDW, Manager at Sir John Baker, Portsmouth - JD Wetherspoon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your meal.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Visited here as a group of 6 last Friday. It was very busy but managed to get a table for all of us. Order taken quickly at bar by friendly staff.

Starters delivered to table then mains followed while we still had starters on table some only half eaten. Waiter did offer to take back to kitchen and put under lamp which we refused, but he never offered to clear any of the empty plates. Second member of staff brought rest of main meals a few moments later and cleared table.

Have eaten here before on quieter evenings and it has been less rushed. Would return but probably only on a quite evening

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I took my wife and daughters there for lunch, to be honest it was the best of what I though would be a poor choice in that area, I was surprised first of all by how attentive the staff were very polite and friendly, I ordered steak and chips medium well, I was really good well presented and tasted very nice, the only downside to this pub is the clientele, we were their lunch time and there were a few local lads swearing and making a noise which made me a bit uncomfortable for my children, this is not the pubs fault but it does effect your enjoyment of the experience.