Sir John Baker, Portsmouth - JD Wetherspoon
Review Highlights
Good Wetherspoons

Good spoons pub, nice friendly staff. Beer is always very reasonably priced and always a good ale... read more

Reviewed 9 October 2018
rayrest
Ashford, United Kingdom
via mobile
Typical spoons

Quick lunch stop today it's a typical spoons fast service and cheap food. A few ales on tap worth a... read more

Reviewed 22 September 2018

from US$328.60
from US$17.88
from US$13.01
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 November 2017

i do love a wetherspoon's i must admit. a nice, clean setting, always busy, staff tend to be cheerful and polite and the pricing is very reasonable for food and drinks and of course, this venue did not disappoint. Visited with a friend on a saturday afternoon, nice and busy, good atmosphere, we had a few bottles of wine, a steak meal each and it didnt break the bank. the food was nice, it was a bit cold however but that is my only criticism for our entire evening.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Had 2 x sirloin steak and fries and 1 sirloin steak salad with 3 rose water creek wine all A1 piping hot ! Fantastic ! 3 iced caramel frappes for desserts ! Super !

Date of experience: September 2017
Sir_John_Baker_JDW, Manager at Sir John Baker, Portsmouth - JD Wetherspoon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your meal.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Visited here as a group of 6 last Friday. It was very busy but managed to get a table for all of us. Order taken quickly at bar by friendly staff.

Starters delivered to table then mains followed while we still had starters on table some only half eaten. Waiter did offer to take back to kitchen and put under lamp which we refused, but he never offered to clear any of the empty plates. Second member of staff brought rest of main meals a few moments later and cleared table.

Have eaten here before on quieter evenings and it has been less rushed. Would return but probably only on a quite evening

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I took my wife and daughters there for lunch, to be honest it was the best of what I though would be a poor choice in that area, I was surprised first of all by how attentive the staff were very polite and friendly, I ordered steak and chips medium well, I was really good well presented and tasted very nice, the only downside to this pub is the clientele, we were their lunch time and there were a few local lads swearing and making a noise which made me a bit uncomfortable for my children, this is not the pubs fault but it does effect your enjoyment of the experience.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 14 May 2017

Group of middle aged friends went for a drink after having a meal in another restaurant. Brought a pizza box with left over pizza from the restaurant and one of the staff was watching us all night. Came over shouting about eating the pizza. Which we didn't do as just had a three course meal. Then very violently chucked us out because she said we drunk our own drink. All she had to do is talk to us not be so vile and violent. I am horrified with the way we were treated. First time and last time there.

Date of experience: May 2017