1,782 results
All reviews rooms are small central location gunwharf quays short stay secure parking train station one night stay bed was very comfortable would stay again couple of nights historic dockyard tea and coffee spinnaker tower yogurt university ferry hairdryer
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Stayed for one night on the fourth floor. Room was clean and tidy, but exceptionally small, with the smallest en suit shower & toilet possible.
I complained to reception that the room was far to hot to sleep in, and to there credit they supplied a 2nd fan, which turned out be absolutely worthless.
The worst night sleep i have ever had.

Room Tip: Book a hotel with air con
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Trevor H
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Trevor,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

I am sorry to read that yours wasn't a pleasant experience and doubly so to read that despite our best efforts to combat the heat by giving you another fan, our attempts were not successful. Your comments are invaluable and will go towards ensuring that we are able to serve our guests more efficiently in future. We hope that you will stay again and on that occasion, look forward to improving on the experience. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly for a preferential rate on your next reservation at H1461-dm@accor.com.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

You get what you paid for a clean basic room, would recommend for short stays. Staff pleasant and helpful. only problem was the parking, very limited staff over that I park outside DIY shop , not good at all. over all a enjoyable stay.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank BryanM1827

Dear Bryan M,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that yours was, on the whole, a positive experience. Your comments regarding the limited parking have been noted. Please rest assured that wherever we can accommodate the needs of our guests, we will endeavour to do so. It's good to know that you, over all, you enjoyed your stay. We hope that we have the occasion to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Fantastic service. Ivalena was a wonderful waitress and made me feel welcome at the hotel restaurant. The food was tasty and reasonably priced and the atmosphere was relaxed and modern. Glad I stayed at the hotel and would be happy to come again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kahandarius
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear kahandarius,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I will pass your compliments along to Ivalena. We hope that you will have cause to visit us again soon and look forward to exceeding achieved standards on that occasion.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

I arrived on a hot afternoon in July to a reasonable reception and given room 105 on the first floor As I entered the room the heat hit me and having looked for the air conditioning found that there was none.However later on when I called reception to complain about several deficiencies a gentle man arrived with a tv remote control (which was misssing) and proceeded to set uo a vertical and very noisy fan by the part opening window which probably reduced the temperature by 2 or 3 degrees.
Next the toilet didn't work the shower settings were difficult,there was no fridge/mini bar and when I finally switched off the fan to try and sleep I was serenade by a noisy outside fan noise.
I was offered a change of room which I declined as it would be no better (toilet excepted ) than the one I was in. Needless to say I had a very disturbed night and will not be returning here again This Hotel is probably the best Ad for premiere Inn in the region.
In all my years of travelling this has to be the worst Be Warned.!! PS They even charge for parking a car in their grounds £10.00 per night

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
4  Thank ronwilkesgreen
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear ronwilkesgreen,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

It's unfortunate that yours was not a pleasant experience and doubly so that you would not opt to stay with us again in future. Please be assured that the issues you cite in your review have been noted and that we will, wherever possible, make every effort to ensure that they do not affect future stays. We hope that you will reconsider and are certain that we will be able to exceed expectations on your next stay.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here whilst visiting Portsmouth for work. We aren’t rich, so we tend to stay in budget hotels, and we understand that if you don’t pay much for a room, you might not get very much.

However, the room we stayed in at this hotel was excellent. Yes, it is a little small, but this is a budget hotel - we were able to move around the room easily, and since we weren’t intending to ride ponies around the bed, or hold a trampolining competition in the bathroom, it was fine.

It certainly was warm! Not surprising - outside it felt like one’s skin was being melted off with a blowtorch, so it was actually a relief to get into the room and out of the sun. There isn’t any air-con in the room - it is, after all, a budget hotel - but judicious removal of clothes and bedclothes made cooling down for sleep easy enough, and I’m quite happy for an excuse to see my girlfriend less covered-up than usual. Despite the heat, the guest room staff certainly weren’t letting the standards slip - the room was spotlessly clean, and was re-cleaned twice whilst we were there, each time as spotless as the last.

The staff were the most friendly and helpful staff I’ve ever encountered. From check-in, through breakfast and luggage storage and check-out, each interaction was friendly courteous, and helpful. The reception staff even allowed me to use their facilities to print out my boarding passes for the flight home (FYI, Flybe don’t let you print your boarding passes until an impossibly short amount of time before you need to get on the plane).

The hotel food was fine; not exactly haute cuisine - after all, this is a budget hotel - but it was well-cooked, tasty, and brought out in a timely fashion. The decor of the hotel is a bit, well, ‘budget’, but what else would you expect?

Overall, I’d gladly recommend this place to anyone with realistic expectations about what cheap hotel rooms are like. I enjoyed staying here.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank David S

Dear David,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay.

We certainly appreciate the glowing review and are delighted to know that you enjoyed your time with us. I will pass your compliments along to the team and hope you're able to stay again soon and that, on that occasion, we're able to treat you to an entirely flawless stay.

We look forward to your next stay.