All reviews beautiful garden tudor room car park jubilee room fire station cotswold inns lovely hotel high street long street rain shower afternoon tea top floor beautiful room cream tea roll top bath amuse bouche fine dining
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I found the hotel fairly easily while driving but could not see any indication of car park. We then went into the public car park and walked back, entering the hotel via the bar/restaurant.
It turns out there is a separate entrance for reception from the car park and it’s so much better!
The front garden is absolutely fantastic and it’s a shame we could not use the sun loungers, as it was raining.
Check in was smooth and fast and out room warm and welcoming. Spacious and nicely furnished, it had free coffees and teas and a snack.
Molton brown toiletries are available in the bathroom as well as plenty of fluffy towels.
We dined in the restaurant: food is great and well presented, if a little pricey.
Breakfast was abundant and delicious.
Staff are friendly and helpful.
Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
CloseManager, Manager at The Close Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Ariel16

Thank you very much for the great review

I am very pleased that you enjoyed you visit to The Close and hope to see you again very soon.

Regards

Chris & The Team

Reviewed 12 September 2018

We have stayed in Cotswold Inn hotels previously and booked The Close after reading reviews and looking at its central town location. It is a relatively small hotel and we were charmed by the rear garden on arrival (the small car park is at the rear of the hotel); we arrived well before the scheduled check in time but we were greeted by a pleasant smiling member of staff who happily assisted us to check in and advised that we could gain entry to our room after 3 pm. We booked an ‘Excellent’ room which overlooked the garden at the rear, it was extremely spacious and beautifully furnished, a large bathroom with free standing bath and a large walk in shower.

We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis but other board options are available. The breakfast is plentiful with both continental buffet and a choice of cooked options, service is friendly and swift.

Whilst the hotel is charming we did feel that the bar area lacked a little atmosphere; it is situated in a relatively small middle room of the building with a lovely glass domed roof. However, there are four doors (including kitchen access) which means that there are constantly people coming in and out which gives the feeling of a ‘waiting room’ rather than a place to relax before dinner.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the staff are courteous and helpful, the cleanliness and attention to detail mean that we wouldn’t hesitate to return.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018

I had my lunch today in the Garden Room, I was fortunate enough to have a lovely table overlooking the well kept garden. The service staff were well groomed and attentive without being intrusive. For my starter I had the ham hock with piccalilli and garnish, my main course was a perfectly cooked sea bream with crispy skin, herb crushed potatoes and green beans dressed with a salsa verde. I could have quite finished then but seeing the desert that another table were enjoying I decided on the pear and almond tart with honeycomb icecream. The set 3 course lunch with a choice of 3 starters, mains and deserts is extremely good value for money. The 10% service charge added to the bill wouldn't I know be to everyones taste but I would have gladly given it anyway even if it wasn't charged. This was my first visit to the hotel and it won't be my last. The downstairs areas that I visited were all spotlessly clean which is what I always expect but not always a given in other establishments. There didn't appear to be a set price sunday lunch menu which most other hotels in the area do, so the a la carte menu would be quite expensive for a family sunday lunch.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Took S here for dinner on a recent trip to the Cotswolds

Great food, friendly staff amazing setting

The mussels are to die for and the wine list is excellent, although everything is slightly pricey

I’d love to stay here and our next trip I definitely will

Amazing hotel

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We were fortunate enough to stay in one of the better rooms, they aren’t cheap but you get a good size room and a lovely big bathroom. Ours had a centralfree standing roll top bath and a huge double shower. The car park is to the rear and can be difficult to find, and reception is across the courtyard, so if you have a few bags, get the hotel concierges to give you a hand. If you like antiques Tetbury is the town for you, we dined in a local Italian restaurant which was nice enough
We would love to stay again if in the area

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business