All reviews complimentary mini bar aromatherapy toiletries bunk beds aromatherapy associates nespresso machine overlooking the square attention to detail dab radio fresh milk house room little touches boutique hotel high standard through secret escapes amazing hotel free standing bath rain shower
Reviewed 22 February 2016

Spent 2 nights at the Old Stocks Inn to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it was wonderful. The room, restaurant and location is faultless. From the moment we arrived the staff made you feel so welcome and would highly recommend a visit.

A big thank you to the troupe at The Old Stocks Inn.

1  Thank David R
Reviewed 17 February 2016

We recently stayed at the Old Stocks Inn and immediately we were impressed with the décor. It was bright and modern but still the building had the old Cotswolds feel.

Our room was lovely with quirky little additions however, when our neighbours checked in above, it became apparent that the the floors / walls were paper thin. We could hear every step they made (but they probably didn't realise and was not their fault) and we could hear when they spoke.

This was a shame, but we spoke to the reception team and they moved us to a quieter room.

The food was delicious. Hats off to the chef(s). We had a lovely meal and some delicious wine during our stay and our breakfast the following morning was wonderful.

Having stayed in many hotels in many exquisite places, we felt that this hotel was a little overpriced. Considering the competition and having an hotel/pub only 20 minutes walk down the road that was voted AA pub of the year 2015 offering better rates (as too did many others) we are not quite sure how The Old Stocks Inn could charge so much.

There was a complimentary mini bar. Nice addition.

The service was good.

Bed was comfy.

Plus we loved the little flapjacks.

Lovely place but but not sure if we would pay that price to return again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Charlotte K, General Manager at The Old Stocks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Dear Sir/Madam,

Many thanks for your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay at The Old Stocks Inn.

I am pleased to read all the lovely and positive things that you had to say about us overall, but sadden to see that you feel we are overpriced for what we offer.
We are a luxury independently owned boutique hotel which offers several room types throughout the hotel which vary in prices. Our price points are competitive with other local hotels, but as I am sure you can appreciate we are positioned very differently to our competitors. We offer lots of added extras to our room which normally woudl be chargeable. Added complimentary mini-bars, a broad selection of Joes Tea & Nespresso products, Luxury Aromatherapy Associates Toiletries, Luxury Hypnose Landsdowne Super King Size beds, Designer Interiors, Smart TV with Netflix & Catch Up TV capabilities and Bluetooth enabled DAB radios to 100% personalise your stay.
Plus Full English & Continental Breakfast which is plentiful, locally sourced and freshly prepared.

Our prices generally are between £10-£20 more expensive than our competitors and we feel that our product is worth the difference.
We do offer many great value offers and packages throughout mid-week stays and include Dinner, Bed & Breakfast Packages and discounted longer stays.

I am disappointed to read that you found our hotel poor value for money as so much of our feedback is so positive and consistently telling us that we exceed expectations in terms of standards and customer service.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Perhaps recommend that you sign up to our newsletter via our website to hear about all our latest offers and events.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

A charming refurbished boutique hotel in the heart of the Cotswolds. We stayed in a 'great Room' and it had lovely contemporary detail. No writing pads or trouser press to score points but a lovely 'high end' feel. Smart DAB radio, coffee machine, even a wardrobe that lit up when the door was opened. Clean and bright room, comfy new bed and a splendid bathroom with feature bath and shower. The food was superb and service exemplary. I do write honestly and objectively and this is a really nice place to stay. I went with 'the higher authority' (my wife) and she was impressed also. The tail end of our weekend bumped into half term week and well behaved children are just as welcome as well behaved grown ups. A central base to explore and enjoy England at its best. Reassuringly a little more expensive than other offerings but well worth it.

Room tip: Rooms 21/10/15 have a bit more room if you fancy a pre dinner chill.
2  Thank ChrisFMH
Charlotte K, General Manager at The Old Stocks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Hi Chris

Such a joy to read such lovely feedback. We as a team work very hard to ensure premium quality experiences with friendly and relaxed service that makes our guests feel at home.

We are thrilled that you'd rate us so highly and recommend.

We can't wait to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

Management are absolutely horrible and made me feel so uncomfortable at the hotel. I don't really care how stunning a hotel may be but the staff are rude, inhospitable and quite frankly are a complete waste of time. I would never go back here again.

9  Thank Lauren B
Charlotte K, General Manager at The Old Stocks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Dear Lauren

I am very shocked & disappointed to read this review.

Naturally I do wonder what we have done as a team in it's entirety to upset you so much as your review does not go into any detail?

We would never want any of our guests to feel uncomfortable. Myself and my husband (the management team) really do go out of our way to be welcoming and to treat all of our guests as if they are in our own home.
My team also share this commitment and we are always being commented on how friendly and relaxed our team are with our customers. So as you can imagine this really is quite baffling to my team and myself.

We are all quite upset by the comments.

If you should like to contact me at the Inn on 01451 830666 or info@oldstocksinn.com
I would be grateful.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a 3-night stay at The Old Stocks Inn during which we celebrated our 10-year anniversary. And what a perfect time we had....so much so that we are already talking about when we can return.

If you are thinking about giving this place a go just do it! You won't be disappointed. From arrival to check-out we almost felt like we were staying with family. The relaxed atmosphere, beautiful decor and fantastic customer service makes this a gem of a hotel situated in a beautiful village. A perfect base to explore the area.

We had dinner at the hotel 2 out of our 3 nights. The dinner was outstanding on both occasions. The burgers were amazing and hats off to the chef for the Valentines tasting menu. The Venison was mouth wateringly amazing. The breakfasts were equally delicious.

We stayed in room 21, which was very quirky. I'd like to say a special thank you to Mac, who helped me prepare the room with some special touches to mark our anniversary. I think Mac may also have served us at dinner but I can't be sure. Whether this was Mac or not, dinner service was impeccable. We'd also like to thank Alice for her superb service at breakfast, in addition to Pete for his lovely cocktails and efficient service in the bar.

To the whole team.....thank you for making our stay so special. We can't wait to return.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunlover075