All reviews glass shelf oldest pub in england the pub limited parking lovely old pub roll top bath feature room superior room lovely lunch eggs benedict bar area main restaurant street parking lamb wine list lovely room attention to detail
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked a 1 night get away from the kids to the Porch House. The staff were friendly and welcomjng but we were left dissapointed by the room. It was a room on the ground floor with its door directly off the garden area. The outlook from the room wasnt very private meaning you felt the need to drop the blind at all times - to make matters worse the room was tiny - probably the smallest double room I have stayed in. It was furnished nice with good decor but this could not overcome the lack of size and in combination with having to close the blind it felt quite oppressive and a little claustrophobic. The other important point to note was that the acoustics between the room and the adjoining room was very poor, not helped by a resident having a yappy dog. Sadly, the experience was not as good as expected. I am somewhere between a 2 and 3 rating.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM P, General Manager at The Porch House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back. I take on board the complaint regarding the room, and have fed it back to my head office. I believe there is a demand for the kind of room you stayed in, and our pricing does reflect the room type. However, I do believe they can be marketed differently to set expectations more realistically.
Please do visit us again, and give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us, I would much rather recommend one of of superior bedrooms.

Kind Regards,
Nicky
GM

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at The Porch House with a group of friends, but as it was a busy time of year, four of our friends stayed at The Sheep (a sister hotel to The Porch House), however this was not an inconvenience. Breakfast was served at The Sheep, which meant we were still altogether. Breakfast was really good and especially the delicious fresh strawberries, blueberries and fruit.

Our room was quaint and quirky. We loved the décor and attention to detail. The beds were so comfy; we had the best night sleep in a while!

Our dinner experience was fantastic. The food was very good and the friendly waiting staff looked after us very well, with special mention to Catherine who although remained professional at all times, had a lovely sense of humour, making us feel very welcome.

The hotel itself is full of history and all the staff are very keen and proud to tell you stories of old! We will definitely be back.

A mention about Stow on the Wold - there are no late opening hours in the pubs, but in hindsight, this is a blessing as no noisy late night revellers!

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on a mini break.
Wonderful time spent chilling and relaxing.
Very cold time off the year, but the warm atmosphere in the bar was fantastic.
Exceptional food, especially the wicked breakfast.
Clean charming room with lovely deep baths.
Truly fantastic experience.
Will defo go again.
Cheers

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

We stayed at The Porch House for a wedding and stayed in Room 1 and I was certainly not disappointed. The bedroom was amazing with a quality bath up the stairs. This room is the one you want if you like lots of space. It might be a little more pricey than the others but it is worth it. The staff were really friendly and breakfast was nice. The only issue was that they didn’t serve a Bloody Mary on a Sunday until 12pm!! Lol... Lovely place!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2018

The Porch house oozes with character. And Lots of nooks and crannies !!
We were very greatfully upgraded to a most beautiful room right at the top. Very peaceful and quite and romantically set out. Also spotlessly clean!The bathroom was lovely and plenty of hot water... the hairdryer not so good , not hot and would take my own next time.
My only slight criticism is it was very difficult to find anyone to talk to , or in charge. Lots of staff but it seemed no managers around. It would have been nice to have been greeted and at the end of our stay it was the same again, hard to find anyone.
I messed up my booking at the beginning and have been extremely greatful not to have been charged twice, so many thanks for that!
I would definitely stay again and would love the same room No8 ...I think?,
Thankyou and keep the same standards of the room , it was lovely

Date of stay: October 2018