All reviews sister hotel hot chocolate honesty bar apple tv complimentary taxi turn down service little touches continental breakfast sky tv twin showers mini croissants great boutique pre breakfast nespresso machine stylish hotel pittville park lovely touch
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel and staff are great, but we unfortunately coincided with a wedding party. Room 6 was very loud at we could hear the outside area. I would avoid this room at all costs. It’s not worth £200 a night

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2018

The hotel was excellent. The room was very comfortable and the staff excellent and helpful. There was no restaurant for dinner, but many restaurants in the town centre were within easy reach. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2018

So you book a boutique hotel for an overnight stay and shouldn't be surprised that there is, once more, a bath in the bedroom but you can be surprised that, other than a milking stool, the bed and the bath, there is nowhere else to sit. As the en-suite bathroom also had a double overhead shower, dispensing with the bath in favour of a settee might have been a better choice but, hey ho, it's boutique. The furniture is extremely distressed and unmodifed so a cabinet is pressed into service as a wardrobe meaning you have to poke your clothes on hangers through the top door to dangle inside...mmmmm. There is wasted space in the fireplace which could have taken a cupboard. Why don't the management spend a night in some of these rooms to check them out? However, the bed linen is great, the bed comfortable and the heavy curtains dealt adequately with the road noise. The one big criticism was the state of the shower floor which was quite grimey and needed a good clean, which it clearly had not had for some time. This was reported on check out. I am afraid the breakfast, though generous in quantity, was not the best full English I have ever had and was disappointing plus, once again style over substance, the banquette placed the diner well below the level of the table - visually amusing but difficult to operate knives and forks. Look, it wasn't that bad but the owners just got a bit confused as to priorities in the hotel business.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank DerekW10
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

While there seems a lot of praise for the hotel, and parts of it including the decor are lovely, it was let down by our room being noisy, the bathroom flooding, and a few breakfast niggles. So it was cumulative feeling of almost good, however it wasn’t cheap and so the expectation is higher. I’d recommend not booking rooms at the front/road side of the house for light sleepers or use ear plugs. Welcome was good and chatty and it looks nice, but it does annoy me that there is a two tier breakfast where coffee with cold milk is included in your b&b rate but coffee with hot milk (cappuccino etc.) is extra. The eggs and avocado type-pay more breakfast wasn’t great, but all the buffet/continental was good. I’m sure this places has lots of fans and we felt some good, some not good things here, but I think the sister hotel in town is much better.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Wonderful hotel, the staff accommodated all my requests and made it a truly special evening for my friends. They loved the hotel as I knew they would but a special shout out to the night manager Mark who looked after us on our return. Nothing was too much trouble and the service was friendly warm and accommodating. Highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Douglas C, General Manager at No 38 The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Speak32,

Thank you so much for your great review and so glad you enjoyed our property, the excellent service from Mark and that the team accommodated all your requests.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,