“AMAZING”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lavender Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Perfect for al fresco refreshments
Entrance to Lavender Cottage
The River Windrush flows through the centre of Bourton-on-the-Water
The River Windrush in the centre of Bourton-on-the-Water
Bourton-on-the-Water
The village wildlife
Ooops! Only joking. You'll have to travel to Arizona USA for this view
Bourton on the Water celebrates Christmas
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

wishing3
Essex
“AMAZING ”
Reviewed 19 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

Booked this cottage based on the reviews & were not disappointed by any means. ..it exceeded r expectations! !
There we're essentials in the cupboard & fridge. ...even luxurious mince pies a bottle of wine, a Christmas tree & decorations which we're a lovely touch.
The whole cottage was very clean & had everything we needed for a restful break with friends on a child free weekend!
The beds we're really comfortable & felt like home from home.
The hosts have really thought about the quality of service they provide. ....could not recommend this enough! .
Thank you !

19 Dec 2015
I'm sorry I couldn't organise some festive snow to make it perfect. We'll look forward to seeing you when you next need a child-free escape. I'm pleased you appreciated everything that Lavender Cottage offers our guests.
paul c
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed 18 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

Well what can I say if you are looking for a cosy cottage which is so close to the town then this is the place to stay. We arrived at the cottage and was very impressed ith how much the owners Allister and Hillary had done to make us feel welcome there was milk juice bread every bit of information that you needed for a good time in bourton on the water which made life easy, they even put up a Christmas tree and supplied lots of christmas dvds cause we told them that we love that time of year and one of the reasons we were staying there is to see the Christmas tree and lights in town. I will defently be going back in the new year.
I wish I could get this level of service on all my holidays we would recommend this cottage to everyone and hope you have a good as time as we did

19 Dec 2015
I'm happy that you all enjoyed your pre-Christmas break here. I'm just sorry that it didn't snow for you! Thank you for sharing your experience of Lavender Cottage. We'll look forward to welcoming you again.
Sally G
“Relaxing break in a delightful cottage in a beautiful place !!”
Reviewed 9 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

What a delightful cottage tucked away in a quiet spot but only 2 minutes from the main street, river and quaint shops of Bourton On The Water. The cottage is comfortable, cosy and warm with everything you could want for a relaxing holiday - even though it is December. The decor is tasteful and the beds comfy, shower lovely and hot, and the Christmas tree just the icing on the cake. The edible goodies went down a treat too. Definitely want to return next year.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How cosy, warm and comfortable the cottage was and in such a pretty place
Liked least: What's not to like???
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
9 Dec 2015
I'm pleased that you enjoyed your Winter break and that Lavender Cottage provided the perfect location for some R&R. We'll look forward to seeing you again.
Klewis162...
Campbell River, Canada
“A cosy stay”
Reviewed 7 December 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We had a great stay at this clean and well-equipped cottage. The amenities were plentiful and the owners couldn't have been more accommodating. From the cottage we took many great walks, hopped on busses and found lots of interesting places to see and dine at. The Mousetrap served one of the very best meals of our holiday and the local Bakery was a good find too. I would highly recommend staying here.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The concern and care the owners took to be helpful and include everything needed and wanted.
Liked least: I think my friend and I were both used to softer beds and found them hard.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
7 Dec 2015
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I'm pleased that you enjoyed exploring this beautiful part of England.
Mark D G
“A fabulous time in a wonderful setting!”
Reviewed 27 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

You may think we were mad chosing England as our winter holiday destination this November, but we had a plan and stuck to it and we really couldn't have been more happy!

Bourton on the water is simply beautiful and neither the rain nor the cold could change this, in fact I would go as far as to say that it added to this wonderful cottage experience. Lavender cottage was so charming, a place where upon arrival you instantly feel like you are at home. Warm and characterful the cottage boasts period features throughout but without losing its practicality. A modern bathroom and kitchen with everything you need makes life easy and the genrous size bed sends you off like a light.

We decided to not take a car with us for the week and this ended up working well for us. Upon arrival at Kingham station we were greated by the lovely Hilary! After hearing lots about her from other guest reviews and speaking with her over e-mail (extremely quick and helpful responces from start to finish) we knew that we were in safe hands and we weren't dissapointed, she is so lovely!

Our week was about food and walking really so I did my research and mapped out our evenings out before arriving. The Wheatshef in Northleach is a must, a little on the pricey side but if you are expecting it and what somewhere nice to visit then look no further. The Horse and Groom in Bourton on the Hill was much anticipated but ended up being a real dissapointment, maybe we got a bad night but the food was bland and the service was shoddy. If you are looking for a very special experience then venture over to Winchcombe and book a table at 5 North Street, this is one of the best meals I have ever had!

So to summerise, if you are looking for a cotswold getaway then look no further than this beautiful cottage. Location is spot on and you are guarenteed to be looked after in the most spledid way. From what I gather thought the summer months get extremely busy so book early to not be dissapointed.

Mark and Rachel

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How cosy it was
Liked least: If I was being really picky then noisy ben linen
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
1 Dec 2015
Thank you for your kind words - and for the home-cooked treats you supplied for us. I'm so pleased that the traditional English weather didn't spoil your stay here. We'll look forward to seeing you again when you feel the need to escape from the city.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing