“Lunch time meal”

The Cuckmere Inn
Ranked #53 of 69 Restaurants in Seaford
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Cuckmere Inn in Seaford is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Had a great meal with friends. Food was lovely, hot , very tasteful and plenty of, even other meals seen being dished up looked amazing portions.
Our waitress Laura was very friendly. Quiet but lovely friendly atmosphere.

General Manager A, Manager at The Cuckmere Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Hello Jan B, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. Jan B, thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

We parked our Motorhome in the car park and had several excellent evening meals. There was always a friendly atmosphere and good food. My wife and I will visit again.

General Manager A, Manager at The Cuckmere Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Was not very good last time I came 2 years ago and thought I would give the benefit of change to see if things had improved.
Sadly if anything it is worse.
Food was at best average and therefore overpriced.
Service was indifferent and even after splitting the order, there was no apology.
When I paid I said that the food was decidedly average and I barely received an acknowledgement and certainly the individual showed no interest in determining the issue. I paid and left.
Barely warm food, a split order and indifferent staff delivering over priced average food means no return from this reviewer ever.
Avoid if you expect decent well priced food.

2  Thank Philip W
General Manager A, Manager at The Cuckmere Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Hi Philip W, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We stopped off here for coffees. The table that we chose to sit at was not clean and despite my wife asked one of the waitresses politely, if she would clean our table replied that she would do so in a minute and then started cleaning another table, which wasn't required. My wife then had to ask another waitress to clean the table. The Americano that I ordered was bland and tasteless and the same could be said about the service too. I don't think we will be coming back here again.

2  Thank Michael C
General Manager A, Manager at The Cuckmere Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Michael C, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. If you'd be willing to provide more feedback, please reach out to us at 01323 892247 so we can assist you further.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

This was one of my favourite places to eat and holds a special place in my heart as I had my first date here with my now husband. We hadn’t been in a while as we had read poor reviews on this site and after having some awful meals/ service at its sister pub in telscombe cliffs we didn’t want to waste our money!
Well all I can say is if this place did go down hill it has definitely pulled its socks up! We had an amazing meal, the food was piping hot and very tasty. The guy at the bar was extremely helpful and brought our drinks to the table, the waitress was very efficient and polite. So give this place a go if like me you have been avoiding, we were NOT disappointed at all.

General Manager A, Manager at The Cuckmere Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Starlight2, we are so happy to read such a great review about The Cuckmere Inn! We look forward to your next visit! Take care!