1,144 results
All reviews panelled dining room bubble and squeak parking space high street eggs benedict bridal suite lovely garden south downs street parking wine list no lift old house full english shower room salmon large room railway station
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

This is my second time staying with Pelham house but this was a vital occasion as it was for my anniversary; thankfully start to finish was exceptional we arrived and were greeted by a very warm welcoming receptionist who directed us to honestly the most stunning room I have had the pleasure of staying in. The decor in the room was wooden with model ships but with the view to die for. A perfect platform to view the grounds. Following the fabulous first impression a member of staff came round in the evening to offer a top of complimentary hot drinks which really is feel special. The food service and quality at both breakfast and dinner was wonderful all staff were knowledgable about gluten free options for my dietary restrictions. This is an extremely important and helpful part of being such a good meal service. Topping it all off the food spoke for itself for it was beautiful when presented and tasted far better than any expectation. Finally on leaving checkout was easy and efficient making it a fantastic stay but an unforgettable experience and anniversary.

Hopefully to return in the summer,

Kathryn livingstone

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Daniel R, Manager at Pelham House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Kathryn Livingstone,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on your return stay with us. I am so glad that you had a wonderful stay and chose to celebration your anniversary whilst staying with us. The room you stayed is stunning i agree with wonderful views over the garden and the downs and is one of our top rooms in the hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team and the dinner that you enjoyed in the pannelled room. I have passed these onto the team to read. We look forwards to welcome you back to the hotel in the summer and please feel free to contact me directly if I can help in any way.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Brilliant, from start to finnish. The staff are fantastic, it feels like they want to be there (I'm sure they don't!!) But its the impression that counts. Both rooms (including the upgrade on night 1) were fantastic, well equipped, fantastic bed, fantastic shower, doors that lock when you shut them (I'm sure that seems obvious but its not the case for all hotels in the local area). Receptionist on arrival was fantastic, very accommodating with baggage (we arrived well before check in time). Outside smoking area and gardens are amazing, I can see why weddings are so popular here. Breakfast was very very good, cooked freshly, served with a smile. Its worth mentioning we didnt have the evening meal but if its served as well as the breakfast then id have no hesitation ordering it. If I had to nitpick (which I dont but I will anyway) the worst I could say was the night porter was a bit miserable, but really that's about as bad as I can find. I've​ now stayed in every hotel in Lewes and this is by far the best all rounder, it just makes sooooo much difference when the staff actually look remotely interested. I really would recommend this place to anyone, biggest 5 * ever

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Matt g,

Many thank for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you had a brilliant stay and that the staff were fantastic and the freshly cooked breakfast. We do have a wonderful team here who do really care about our guests and really want to look after them. Thank you for your wonderful 5 stars - we really appreciate you taking the time and writing your comments. I hope that we can welcome you back soon and please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I came for lunch with a Friend expecting the usual great food and excellent service, as we had lunched here a number of times. Unfortunately it was not to be. The coffee my friend ordered whilst waiting for me was completely cold, and when she informed the waiter, he took it away and brought it back microwaved over the top of the cup and into the saucer. The lunch menu looked good - I ordered the monkfish and prawn with curried risotto and my friend went for chicken breast. Despite the fact that we were the only diners there, we waited 40 minutes for our food, and they forgot to bring my drink. My meal was very tasty, but the fish was very tough indeed. My friend's meal was quite nice, but there were no sauteed potatoes as shown on the menu. The waiter went away and brought her a dish of lukewarm boiled potatoes. Sorry, Pelham House - this is not the standard we expect and I'm afraid I shan't be recommending you.

Room Tip: There's a lovely garden terrace to enjoy a drink or meal in summer.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Daniel R, Manager at Pelham House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear AnnaCrab,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I have very sorry that your experience dining with us on this occasion was not up to expectation. I certainly agree with you that we very rarely have issues with the food service or delivery and this was unexpected to read your comments. I will be passing your comments to the team and investigating what happened. Please accept our sincere apologies and please do let me know if you wish to come again and I will ensure that you are looked after. I have included my contact details below. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Stayed at Pelham House for the Lewes Bonfire Celebrations. Arrived to a very friendly welcome. Nice room overlooking the garden - toffee apples and welcome card an added touch. The hotel has lots of character and a Lewes charm to it. Bonfire celebrations were great aided by good information provided by the hotel before we arrived. Food was good and all the staff were very friendly and exceedingly helpful.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jan,

Many thanks to taking the time to review Pelham House and your recent experience whilst staying here for the bonfire night. I was delighted with your five star review and have passed on your comments for the team to read your feedback.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel and if I can assist in anyway in the meantime please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Had a Xmas meal here, I'm a veggie and had the worst food ever. Had to ask for veg and the potatoes were cooked in goose fat, even though I said I was a veggie. No beer or ale in bar, even though your at the home of Harveys.

Stayed: December 2016
Daniel R, General Manager at Pelham House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel.

I am very disappointed to read your review. I am sorry to see that your experience with us was one that was not up to the standard of which we here at Pelham House Hotel hold ourselves.

Again I extend my apologies to you and do hope you will reconsider using our hotel in the future.

Kind Regards