US$191
Senlac Guest House(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$83
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
US$161
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdog friendly hotelsea viewa small car parkold townfamily suitecafe barthird floorsea frontwatching the worldseafront roomlate checkroad noisereception deskcomfortable hotelhastings pierlarge bathroomtwin room
Reviewed 29 June 2018

As locals we always believe in using local restaurants etc, the sun was shining we were up early so decided to go for a walk along Hastings sea front, we have sometimes popped into the White Rock hotel as they have a balcony to sit on and watch the world go bye, we ordered a breakfast and a couple of slices of toast with tea.
We were horrified at the results of the bacon, which was like cardboard, the butter which came with the toast was completely melted and when picked up the grease just went everywhere, over clothes as well as table and plates.
At this point my husband called for the waitress and showed her the breakfast and what had happened, she apologised and agreed to get some more bacon! and the Manager. The manager was dealing with something else !! and sent a very apologetic lady who offered us a refund, but no manager was forth coming and nor was the bacon. Sometimes it's not always about the refund even though we accepted it, sometimes customer service is more apt.
This has tainted our trips the White Rock Hotel and am afraid I won't even miss the balcony and would never recommend it to our friends when visiting the area again.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank readoaklands1
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The white Rock hotel is located in a perfect place, the rooms are basic, but clean.
A lot more could be done with the public areas.
My only criticism is the cleaning of the restaurant /bar windows, very dirt!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve been in this hotel on a business trip. The room had nice renovated bathroom but the room itself was terrible. All those old and dirty carpets made me afraid of my health after the trip. Bed was very soft, but comfortable. I had a view to the back of the hotel and when I opened the window I could smell the kitchen - not nice smell I must say.

The service was really nice and when something was needed they were willng to help.

Still not recomending. But maybe it is because I really don’t like british hotels.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I’m staying for a week as wanted to stay in a hotel with a sea view. The White Rock does not disappoint. The beach is just across the road. Room 118, which is on the first floor, has been newly renovated. It is spacious and clean. Lovely large bed with a nice clean shower room and thick carpet. Feels like a lovely bedroom rather than an impersonal hotel room.

All the staff are friendly and very helpful. The room is kept well stocked and having bottled water every day is a nice touch. The car park at the rear is small but easy to park in. The hotel is in a great location and has a lovely bar/restaurant and outside terrace.

Just some things that could be added to the room: More hangers (reception did provide more when I asked), a full length mirror, a mirror by the dressing table.shelves in the bathroom and a shelving rack in the shower.

I would love to stay here again. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We stayed here in the winter but it would be lovely to stay in the summer. Fabulous sea views and great outside terraces. Our room was not huge but perfectly clean and cosy with a julliette balcony. Nice hotel. I would stay again.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have julliette balconies with amazing sea views.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple