US$108
  • Breakfast included
US$88
  • Restaurant
The Highlands Inn(St Leonards-on-Sea)
US$87
US$127
Astral Lodge(Hastings)
US$89
Hotwire.com
All reviewsfour posterold townevery morninggreat hoststhree nightsenjoyable stayb and bfamily roomfull english breakfastplace to staygood sizetop floorarcadealesfurnishingsbedroom
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I cannot honestly speak highly enough of this place. If you like exceptional food...come here, if you like a great choice of different beers...come here, if you like hosts that know what they’re talking about and are happy to chat away until the cows come home...come here, if you like a nice atmosphere...come here...I think you get the point! Personally I come here for the beer, the choice is astounding and it’s nice to talk to passionate owners that love what they do and know what they sell. I love this place and 5 out of 5 is not high enough!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit for lunch after taking my Son there earlier this month. Was a very cold and windy day, and we both enjoyed the home cooked sausage and mash. We returned this past week with the rest of the family and once again enjoyed some lovely food in a relaxed family friendly environment. My wife’s dietary requirements were also taken into account and her meal adapted to suit.
This place has a lovely feel to it and is a welcome break from vast array of fish and chip shops elesewhere!
All we need to do now is arrange an overnight stay so my wife and I can enjoy the great selection of ales on offer, and not needing to drive home after!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2017

I first came across the Jolly Fisherman when looking for a place to stay with my family whilst visiting Hastings. I'm so pleased we found this little B&B, which packs a lot into a very old and seemingly small building! It has recently been refurbished with new owners and you can really tell the fresh energy that has gone into the place.
The hosts couldn't have been more helpful when I arranged the booking and the rooms & service was excellent. The rooms felt welcoming and clean, with warm colours and good quality bedding. The old beams have been kept, but the decor had fun, modern touches with bright photos of the fishing fleets & pops of orange and yellow in the furnishings. The beds were comfy enough for us to sleep soundly and then the breakfast the next morning was AMAZING!
The young hosts, Becky and Oliver couldn't have been more friendly and were very knowledgable about the area. The location is so near to the beach and all the quaint little Old Town antique shops, restaurants and bars, but with their fantastic dinner menu (if they have the cuttlefish, do give it a try) and supply of unsual craft beers we found ourselves back there in the evening on more than one occasion. Being in the town centre it is not silent at night, so for the lightest of sleepers perhaps bring some earplugs. Overall it is an excellent choice that gave us all a real slice of Hastings Old Town life.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Quaint, tiny place which we drove past several times before we noticed it. Good Location, although parking in a secure carpark is a good walk away - and expensive. Clean, comfy bedroom with a very tiny bathroom. Tiny TV located very far away from bed - but then we're not there to watch TV! Tasty breakfasts, but uncomfortable that one has to ask constantly for anything extra, although owners were very helpful when asked.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Check out this tiny atmospheric place. Nestled amongst the big boys, their ambivalent staff and obvious food.
This young couple have stripped the pub back to its historic basics and it's great. Funky vintage bare bones furnishing,
Great menu -cheese board & chutney was very good.
Fun Selection of micro brewery ales. It doesn't run with the pack and deserves patronage.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple