Lansdowne
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel(Hastings)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
View Hotel
All reviewssea viewsea frontold townan underground car parka stones throwtop floortown centreshort breaktea coffeefull englishone night staybreakfast roomlovely roombalconyfridgeseafrontensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights this hotel/ guest house was clean & bright & we feel is one of the better ones in that price bracket.
It's great for the town & local restaurants.
Parked in the underground parking opposite,otherwise it's pay & display & parking is tight.The hotel can give you a permit that's valid from 1600 hours till 11 the next day for the underground parking only. Had a sea view room nice view.
Just a couple of things that could be done to improve ones experience.the dancing the shower/ toilet area was noisy. & There was mould on the lower tiles in the shower cubicle. It only needed cleaning

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Second time of staying at the lansdowne. The proprietor is really friendly, chatty, and remembered
us from last year.
The hotel was having a refurbishment on our previous visit, it is fresh and clean.
Our room is lovely , tastily decorated with sea views. Hotel offers breakfast.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Stayed at the hotel for one night - seeing a friend in the local panto. It was clean, warm and perfectly suitable for a brief stay. The friendly woman on reception put us in a sea view room. It was spacious and not cluttered, like some hotels, with chairs, tables, lamp stands etc etc. It had a comfortable bed and great shower room. It didn't have a bar but we were out so that didn't need one. I paid a fair price for a nice room, would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel was booked by my husband, as a Birthday surprise for me. Now I'm not one to complain and was making excuses for certain elements of this establishment being odd. Perhaps they were in the middle of refurbishment? Although some of our room fittings looked new, they were poorly fitted. The join in the carpet. The droplets missing from our chandelier style light fitting. The tiles in the bathroom. The bathroom door - perhaps salvaged from elsewhere. The toilet roll dispenser. (We have these at work. I really don't want to be trying to locate the end of the roll, when I'm away !!!). The wardrobe - if you could call it that.
A mattress topper only disguises the appearance of an old mattress - no disguise when you are trying to sleep on it.
Breakfast finishes at 0930 - a bit early for a Sunday morning !
I have now introduced my husband to TripAdvisor!!!
We were horrified to see this establishment has been getting poor reviews for years! So they are not in the middle of a refurb - it's always like this......

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

I read a lot of somewhat negative reviews on here before we stayed and was really apprehensive about our stay worrying we’d made the wrong decision to book here but on arrival I wondered what everybody else had seen, because this hotel was beautiful, from the chandeliers in the entrance to the stunning room. We had a wonderful week here and can’t wait to return. The location is perfect with everything you need just a few minutes walk away and close enough to hear the beautiful sound of the waves.

The room was beautifully decorated and the view from the hotel was incredible!
We made it down to breakfast on our last day and regretted not coming down beforehand, it was delicious and all the staff are so lovely and welcoming.

The room was clean and well maintained and we even had a little fridge in our room which was a godsend. The bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have slept in, having stayed regularly in several hotels over the past couple of years, and I probably would have tried to sneak it out with me had it fitted in my suitcase!!

My partner chose to have the add on option of champagne as a surprise for my arrival which was a really nice touch by the hotel.

Really the only slight issue we had was that building work was being done either side of us and occasionally the hammering or drilling noises were a tad annoying but nothing too loud that ruined our stay as the double glazing kept the majority of noise at bay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple