Grand Hotel
US$84
US$75
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
US$76
US$125
Lansdowne(Hastings)
US$107
Priceline
  • Beachfront
US$141
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Hastings Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$91
PremierInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2017

The Grand looks okay from the outside, with its newly painted facade... On the inside, very, very spooky and, the smell of damp hits you immediately you enter the front door, The reception area is a verysmall area on a tiny first floor landing - complete with iron and ironing board behind the desk! We were in a room on the top floor, up some seriously dangerous stairs. We just prayed there would be no fire in the hotel - no visible means of escape other than THOSE stairs. The room itself was cramped but clean.
On to the breakfast - down in the very damp, smelly vasement dining room. Abby, who works like a trooper is charming. She is lovely to all of the guests and tries very hard to please everyone - especially the difficult to please owner, Peter. She was busy, so I helped myself to another coffee from the counter, which was alongside the help yourself cereals selection. no problem?? Big problem!! When she asked if we would like more coffee, I said I had helped myself, as she was busy in the kitchen. She was mortified and told me in very hushed tones not to let Peter know I had done that. I had obviously committed some cardinal sin. Wicked old me!! She is a lovely girl and it would appear,she is also quite unappreciated..
However, for anyone in need of a different experience - The Grand at Hastings fits the bill.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews here it was with some trepidation I booked my stay at the Grand Hotel but I need not have worried.

I was checked in by the owner Peter who I found to be charming and knowledgeable. I find some of the reviews of this man implausible, yes, he is not a faceless receptionist but if you want faceless and clinical this is not the place for you. During check in I mentioned that I struggled with the stairs and Peter immediately offered me a room closer to the ground floor. I also mentioned I was going out for dinner and Peter organised a taxi for me. After showing me to my room Peter then brought me a fresh pot of tea and biscuits, a lovely personal touch.

The room was dated but I don't think it pretends to be anything else. The bed, carpet, toilet etc were all clean and bed comfortable, all the essentials were present such as tv, kettle etc. For a night it was perfectly acceptable, although bedding could be updated to a better quality, including a valance instead of a bare base and the coving does need a good dust, I would also of preferred an internal door lock or chain but this could just be me as a woman travelling alone.

The shared areas I saw of the main hotel were clean and packed with character. The dining room is a little more modern than the rest of the hotel and the breakfast offerings were plentiful. I was offered cereal, toast, juice, tea, coffee and a full english, cooked to request. The breakfast was delicious, well cooked and plentiful (more than I could manage).

All in all a pleasant stay and somewhere I would stay again whilst visiting Hastings.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2017

If you think small town hotels have lost their sweet old style bespoken hospitality the Grand in Hastings will make you change your mind. The owner welcomes you and engages a nice and pleasant chat to better know his new customers. This is a place where to go back again and again and keep feeling the same warm welcome. Location is fantastic, just by the sea and near to the station. From Hastings promenade you will enjoy amazing sunrises and stunning sunsets. Rooms are very clean, breakfast is 'Full English Breakfast' don't even try to ask something else, just enjoy the atmosphere. Tip: tell the owner your nationality upon arrival, you will find the flag of your country on your table at breakfast. Fantastic!!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dagni D
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed over the last bank holiday. I had mixed expectations having read the reviews! I found it perfectly acceptable. Our family of 4 room (9) was recently refurbished with new carpets/beds and en suite shower. Bit of a trek up the stairs at the back of the hotel with all the bags. Breakfast was also nice. I agree certain areas could be updated and the price is not cheap but suited us. Prob 3.5 to be fair.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017

It's not a hotel and nothing grand about it. It is a guest house and extremely shabby and dirty. they charged £90 just for a twin room that was tiny and so outdated, and shabby. The owner even refused to give me the key for the balcony door. And he got upset when I asked him why when I paid £90. He then asked me to leave and to go somewhere else. I ended up paying £9.00 more for a proper hotel that was plush and very clean and only 10 mins away. It's called the White Rock Hotel.

Room Tip: The only advice I have is do NOT stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends