See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We called in for a drink and decided to have some food having eaten here before.
My wife and I both asked for cod and chips.
We both agreed this was the best fish and chips, mushy peas and tartare we have eaten. ( huge portions )
The next day we went in for a drink again and did the same . My wife had Sunday roast lamb and I had shepherds pie and veg.an absolutely superb meal served by friendly staff.
We can't wait for our next trip to Hastings.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank chris o
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Was disappointed with the service the food was ok but not brilliant. The staff were unkempt in fact one had holes in his shirt. The exterior better than interior it could do with a good clean and decorating. Very dark and dingy. Another customer was served wrong meal it wasn't particularly busy so was mystified as to the error. Wouldn't recommend this establishment. Staff need training on how to make clients feel important felt my grandchilds request dealt with in a rude manner. Especially as there are so many restaurants in the town.

2  Thank Wendy G
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We stopped here for lunch as it looked nice and although it was very quiet we liked the look of the menu. My sons ordered burgers, my wife ordered Chilli and I went for the falafel burger. I had a pint of good local Ale 'Long Blonde' and we sat outside. The Barman came out and said that they had run out of Nacho's would my wife like cheesey chips as an alternative, she said she would just leave out the Nachos. When our meals were delivered the burgers were excellent with lovely crispy chips dressed salad and home made coleslaw, surprisingly there was a plate of nachos for my wife - the barman had run to the shops for them while our lunches were being prepared. Excellent service. If it's quiet don't be put off, the food is good, fresh and ample portions and some decent ales are available.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Dont let the look put you off! Was tempted to turn back around and leave as the place looks like it needs an update.. but so glad we stayed.. bar lady was lovely and friendly. I had the lamb burger and chips and the kids had the sausages and chips. Was very impressed the chips we're cooked to perfection and the lamb burger was very tasty. Would definitely recommend people to come here!

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Typical drinkers pub, obviously popular with the locals.Dog friendly. Menu looked OK although didn't see anyone eating. Good for watching sky sports, but gets noisy when goals are scored. Drinks prices not cheap.

Room tip: Only called in for a drink
Date of stay: April 2017