1,489 results
All reviews sea front west pier bay window one night stay town centre short break tea and coffee bandstand seafront
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Having previously had a very comfortable stay in this hotel in Jan 2018, we booked again for a visit to friends in July 2018, with no need for a sea view we booked a basement room as was £40 cheaper per night.

The room was the complete opposite to our first stay. having one, blacked out window, which I could have expected being in the basement, but no further ventalatiin and this only opened about 3cm.

Stained carpets, mould on the walls, smell of damp, damp damage from external walls to decor...I cannot believe they can offer at almost £200 per night.

On raising this with staff, one being very rude, the other a trainee simply advised there was nothing they could do. I then received a phone call to say if I wanted to cancel I could have a full refund. Having no other option, being in Brighton on one of the hottest days of the year, we had to stay or face paying inflated prices for another hotel.

I finally managed to speak with a manager in the morning who gave a 25% discount and didn’t seem to care at all, claiming she ‘has not been down the the basement rooms for a while’ I feel our weekend was dampened due to the situation and would not want any other travellers to experience such awful conditions.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BTNHotel, Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
I am sorry to see that you feel the basement rooms were not of a good standard.
We have tried cleaning the stains out of the carpet in the basement rooms but to no avail. The carpets are steam cleaned on a regular basis though.
I am pleased to see that you had spoken to the Reception Manager on your departure.
I would say that, on your next visit to Brighton, you contact me directly at john@thebrightonhotel.com and i can look after your booking directly making sure you do not get a basement room.

Resident Mansger

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Out of date. Carpets disgusting and not even hoovered. Room tatty in desperate need of painting. Bathroom old and needs re-grouting. Shower worked ok!

Breakfast, wasn’t expecting much given the above comments and they didn’t let the standards down. Greasy, hot sausage cold bacon, watery poached egg.

The only plus was it’s location. Over priced and needs a totally full revamp. Just not good enough I’m afraid.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Cassler
BTNHotel, Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
We have renovated about 3/4's of the bathrooms in the hotel and we are looking at updating more of the older carpets.
I will investigate as to why you were served cold bacon.
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Very nice hotel,lovley food, staff great, clean, few things need sorting, but on the whole a good experence.
would reccomend hotel, there is a lot to do in brighton, also you would never be short for a place to eat as there is hundreds of eating places.
Regards Russell.
Regards Russell.

Date of stay: June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
I am pleased to see that you had a good experience and would recommend us.
We hope to see you again next time you visit Brighton.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Got to hotel about 8pm and was welcomed by a friendly receptionist. We were on the 4th floor and when we got out the lift the heat hit us and our room was a total sweat box and couldn't wait to get out. Unfortunately the window could only be opened slightly, obviously for safety reasons. There was a fan which helped very minimally. The room was quite small so wouldn't say it was great value though haven't got anything to compare it to. Breakfast was ok and was good that a vegetarian option was available. I'm not sure if id recommend staying here but if u do request a room on the lower floor as there was definitely a temperature difference as you walked down the stairs or just go in colder weather!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
It is great to have this extended summer but, like many hotels across the region, are finding that our rooms are quite warm. For a building like us the higher floors are in the direct sunlight longer than the lower floors which do tend be a little cooler.
We try and alleviate the heat by closing the curtains during the hottest weather and by providing fans where possible.
We hope to see you back next time you are in Brighton.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

The Brighton Hotel is a pleasant middle-of-the-road hotel right on the seafront. It isn't huge, and there's lots of competition for your money, so whilst the prices might be high if you don't book in advance, they're competitive for the area (£99 a night for B&B is the going rate for hotels on the seafront) My room could have done with a fresh lick of paint and was cramped - they'd squeezed a single and a double bed into a room really only appropriate for the double, but when you're trying to make a business pay, then you have to make a few compromises. Also the shower made a very loud noise when being operated and really should be looked at (I pointed that out in the feedback form) Saying that, the side-sea view was delightful, the breakfast was very pleasant and the whole place had calm, laid-back feel with quality understated service. And there was a radio alarm clock in the room, which is always good news because it means you wake up to music rather than the infernal beeping you get with your travel alarm.
If you want to Ritz, you can get it 500 yards down the road for nearly double the price. I'm sure the room are spotless and the service is second to none, but be prepared to pay top dollar for that.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, which is a very fair one i would say.
Most of our bathrooms are new but we still have some that are the older style. This does include the showers which we are looking at replacing this year.
We hope to see you again at some point in the near future.