1,490 results
All reviews sea front west pier bay window one night stay town centre short break tea and coffee bandstand seafront
Reviewed 5 February 2016

We booked this hotel as a treat to stay overnight in Brighton. The website gives a false impression of the standard. The hotel needs some serious TLC, the carpets on the corridors are old and very stained and the walls on the corridors are damp and in need of renovation. The room itself was apparently upgraded but the bathroom was tiny and my husband struggled to have a shower without knocking himself out. The windows in the room are the original sashes but that means that you hear every noise including someone loading a lorry around midnight and the numerous sirens of emergency vehicles. We were very disappointed at breakfast to be told that we even though our deal included breakfast, it was only enough to feed a sparrow and if we wanted anything else it would be £4.95 per item! Also the hygiene was worrying, both waitresses were cleaning the dining room furniture, so spraying while we were eating and scrubbing the table legs, but there was no evidence of hand washing before handling food. Great that cleaning is done, but there is a time (ie when not handling food and people are trying to eat. Also beware that the parking at the front of the hotel incurs an £18 charge and if there are a few cars in the car park, you struggle to get out. The receptionist Daniel was pleasant, but his trainee companion was so keen on the rules and regulations of the hotel that she forgot that we were coming for pleasure, not being admitted to borstal! Overall, we could not wait to leave and had no problem keeping with the 11am departure rule!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChristmasFairy
BTNHotel, Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am very saddened to see that your stay with us was as such. We aim to please for every guest and I am sorry that this was not the case for yourself. I would ask that you be in touch on info@thebrightonhotel.com or 01273 820555 so that I can look into what has happened further and attempt to fix the issue.

Reviewed 5 February 2016 via mobile

The building is old and creaky and our room was very tired, but has everything you need. The windows in our room wouldn't open but a fan was provided when we asked, but a little disappointed couldn't have the fresh sea air flowing through. It's was a lovely sea view room, but very basic and worn.

We used a Groupon deal, thanks to this it was great value, I don't think I'd return if I had to pay full hotel price.

The service was great, very friendly helpful and genuine people. I love the little touches of a cash point in reception (albeit a £1.75 charge!), a free telephone for cabs. A minor knit pick but the squeaky creaky entrance door to the hotel was REALLY annoying when we were trying to enjoy a quiet drink in the evening! I think the lift was part of the original building... very scary!

Another annoyance of mine was the cost for parking! I loathe paying for parking in hotels but I realise the whole area is the same and anywhere you stay/visit in town your robbed for parking charges, but what a nice USP that would be... FREEZES parking for guests!!

Breakfast was delicious, hot and served fast, albeit a little light on choices, especially the continental.

Overall an enjoyable stay, great service, great location (a literal stones throw from the sea) and thanks to groupon, great value.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us here at The Brighton Hotel. We aim for every stay with us to be above and beyond what our guests are expecting with us and it saddens me to see that we did not achieve this for you.

Should you wish to visit Brighton again and give us a chance to show you just what we can be as a hotel please be in touch on info@thebrightonhotel.com or 01273 820555

Reviewed 5 February 2016

The staff is very good but the rooms are very old and not very well cleaned. The second day of our stay the towels were the
same!! We were three persons and we had only two towels!!
The location is very good and the view from the hotel was amazing directly on tje sea...

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BTNHotel, Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

Thank you for your review of our hotel

I am sorry to read about your mixed stay at our hotel. I can only apologise that the room did not reach the standard we aim to achieve with every room in our hotel. As you may have seen in previous responses, we are currently refurbishing many of our rooms to address the problems that you have raised.

Regarding your comment about the towels as we are striving for a greener environment/hotel we leave cards in all bathrooms advising guests that a towel on the rack or shelf means "I'll use it again" or A towel on the floor means "Please replace" this is to help us conserve our natural resources. There are also a spare set of towels in the wardrobe in all room and if you dial '0' for reception a fresh set would have been brought up for you.

I am pleased to read your comments about the staff and that you found our location to be very good and you enjoyed the amazing direct sea views.

Should you wish to visit us here at the Brighton Hotel again, and see the progress and improvements we have made with our rooms, please be in touch on 01273 820555 or info@thebrightonhotel.com

Reviewed 5 February 2016

My daughter and I booked this as a treat as we were going to a gig in Brighton. The photos on the hotel website looked lovely so we were very excited. On arrival we were happy to be told we had been upgraded to a sea front room but on walking in to the room (214) we were hit by a very strong 'damp' smell. The room and decor were very tired and in need of updating and the carpet had loads of stains. Underneath the bay window were signs of mould and dampness which wasn't pleasant at all.

On a positive note, the bed was clean and comfortable, all the staff we spoke to were very polite and helpful and the breakfast was good. Just a shame as we don't get to go away very often and were looking forward to a lovely night away.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gail2604

Thank you Gail for your review of our hotel

I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not quite what you had hoped for. It pleases me though to read that the staff and the breakfast here with us were to the standards we strive for with every guest. We have an on-going project with all of the bedrooms & bathrooms throughout the hotel being renovated between this year and the next, during which time we aim to address the issues that you have raised.

Should you be visiting Brighton again please keep us in mind and allow us to show just what we can offer as a hotel. Please be in touch on 01273 820555 or info@thebrightonhotel.com if you are planning to visit Brighton

Reviewed 4 February 2016

Hi there,

We had a very nice stay, service was good and very prompt.

However, on arrival we were told that late check out until 2pm was £5. we decided to take advantage of this. Upon checking out we were told it was £15. we were very annoyed at this and felt lied to as otherwise we would have checked out at 11am as normal!

Very disappointing on an otherwise good stay.

Thanks

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

As a team here at The Brighton Hotel we do our best to ensure all of our customers experiences are pleasant ones. I was very pleased to read that you had a very nice stay and you found the service was good and very prompt.

However I was saddened to read about the misunderstanding regarding the late check out charge as It does clearly state on reception and on your key card and in room directory that for late check-out we charge £5 an hour up until 2pm subject to availability. I will be sure to review this to ensure this misunderstanding does not happen again in the future.

Should you need any assistance in making your reservations please be in touch on 01273 820555 or info@thebrightonhotel.com and we would be happy to help.